Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 08:41 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post 1989 Turbo 944 S racing camber settings

Hello,

I have a new to me 'E' class racecar and was wondering what the best camber to run with 18" Hoosiers would be both front and rear.

The car is only for racing - no street driving. I want it to handle great and evenly wear the tires. The car has all race suspension and spherical bearings.

TIA..

Hoosier told me :
Front = -2 degrees
Rear = -1 degrees

I have heard some others run more negative.
But I do not want to destroy the tires like I did last year doing Kuhmo tests with too much negative camber....

This setup will be for MidOhio...

Norm Goldrich
Cincinnati, OH
Old 02-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Norm,

Whose car did you buy? My first thought is Michel's since he is doing the pro thing with the 350z.
Hope to see you out for some races, my first is Road Atlanta, then Mid Ohio.

Re: Negative camber with Hoosiers. I run -2.75 on all four corners. Look at this site for Hoosier's recommendation on chassis and pressure set up.

<a href="http://www.hoosiertire.com/Tctips.htm" target="_blank">http://www.hoosiertire.com/Tctips.htm</a>

Another suggestion is to contact the Schardt's as they know these car's inside and out and are usually front runners in a very competitive class.
Good Luck.
Greg
Old 02-21-2003, 10:34 PM
ngoldrich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gregg, Thanks for the info...

It was Michiel's car. I purchased it for fun. I will still run some IMSA and Grand-Am & FIA races pro races as usual.

I am still running the shifter kart 4-6 hours per week plus a 2 hour enduro (in centrifugal karts) every week to stay in shape for the pro cars...

I sold the CanAm and Trans-Am car...

Norm
Old 02-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Mike A.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norm,
Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure you're going to love the way it will handle on the track.
I too have a track only '89 944T (GT3) with race suspension and 18' Hoosiers. My alignment settings have become more aggressive as my driving abilities improved.
As you probably know, alignment determinations are multi factorial. Among other things they are based on the suspension, car weight, type of race track, and driver technique. Tire temps after afew hot laps will help guide you.
I currently run -2.8 deg at the front and -1.75 deg at the back.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: 1989 Turbo 944 S racing camber settings