Sponsored by:

Canadian Grand Prix Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2002, 11:39 AM
A4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Canadian Grand Prix Question

Can anyone recommend the best cheap seat at the CA GP? Last year was my first time there and I sat behind section 34 which was just was ok. I just got my ticket selection form in the mail today and need to choose before Friday. I'm thinking of Bronze sections 31, 32, 33, 34. Any insight to which section is best for view of track and any passing zones, etc.??

Thanks in advance!

<a href="http://www.grandprix.ca/index_eng.html" target="_blank">http://www.grandprix.ca/index_eng.html</a>
Old 11-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

I'd suggest either 33 or 31.

31 is easiest to get to from the bridge. It is at the chicane at the end of one of the back straights, so there is the potential to see a pass there, assuming there is any passing in F1 next year. If not a pass, at least you may see a few drivers blow the chicane and take to the grass, especially during the first lap when they are all bunched up.

33 can also be interesting. The turn is similar to the one at 31 but not quite as tight, so the drivers will carry more speed there. It also leads onto a bit of a straight, so they will push there to carry speed onto the straight. I don't think much passing goes on there but I've definitely seen cars off there. It is also fairly easy to get to but not quite as close to the bridge as 31.

Just make sure your seats have a reasonable view of the big screen so you can keep up with the action on other parts of the circuit.

Karl
Old 11-12-2002, 03:43 PM
C Streit
Advanced

The hairpin is my favorite. Cars are slow enough that you can get a good look and photo. Good passing there... And easy access both to the train and to sit by the water between sessions...

Quick Reply: Canadian Grand Prix Question