Sponsored by:

New Porsche Owners Club Rules

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Tim Comeau
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New Porsche Owners Club Rules

I was informed by the Competition Director that the new rules would be on the website Thurs. or Friday of this week. Good on them if they can do it, otherwise we'll get them when we get them. TC
Old 10-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
I noticed in the flyers they have sent out for the last few events that they have new safety rules for 2003, including requiring a Snell SA2000 sticker on helmets! I am wondering why it was necessary to make all SA95 helmets obsolete, when the 2000 spec is not that much different, and every other sanctioning body I know of will allow 10 year helmet life instead of 5?
Old 10-25-2002, 07:28 PM
Tim Comeau
Racer

Tom, I just ran through my preliminary copy of the 2003 rules and there are no changes in the helmet requirements. SA95 is fine. Paragraph 6.1. The only new thing I saw(all the changes are in red ink)was that 10BC fire extinguishers are required in all cars at all speed events. See you in AM class. Tim
Old 10-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

[quote]Originally posted by Tim Comeau:
<strong>Tom, I just ran through my preliminary copy of the 2003 rules and there are no changes in the helmet requirements. SA95 is fine. Paragraph 6.1. The only new thing I saw(all the changes are in red ink)was that 10BC fire extinguishers are required in all cars at all speed events. See you in AM class. Tim </strong><hr></blockquote>

Tim-
I don't get it. If it's not in the new POC GCRs, then why are they sending this out in the flyers (direct quote):
"Helmets with a Snell date of at least 1995 or newer are required for remainder of 2002. Helmets with a Snell date of 2000 or newer will be required effective 1/01/03- No Exceptions!"

I posted a question about this on the POC discussion board months ago when I first saw it mentioned- no one ever responded and the post was eventually deleted. Somebody's got their wires crossed somewhere. There is no Snell date newer than 2000 yet, and there is no good reason to throw out a perfectly good SA95 helmet.
TT
ps- I just checked the POC web site and don't see any sign of the new GCRs there yet.
Old 10-27-2002, 01:29 PM
Tim Comeau
Racer

Tom, I agree with your logic on the helmets. I scanned through the new rules, which I procured a little early, and the only safety change was the extinguishers. The paragraphs still said SA95. I'll check into it on Monday if I can't email someone this weekend. Tim
Old 10-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Tim Comeau
Racer

Tom, just spoke with the race director, Chris Burns, and he said they were thinking about changing to snell 2000, but logic prevailed. SA 95 is in the new rules so we're still safe. TC
Old 10-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Thanks, Tim. I'm happy to hear I don't have to buy a new helmet just to run with POC next year. It would be one thing if there was a really good reason (new innovation in helmet design or materials, etc.), but that just isn't the case.

TT

Quick Reply: New Porsche Owners Club Rules