Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the weather generally like at Watkins Glen during mid-April?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007 | 01:55 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

From: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'

It's a crapshoot. . . but then again, so is life.
Get out and enjoy!
Old 02-09-2007 | 07:18 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

If it was in Oswego it wouldnt be uncovered by spring. 10+ ft, WOW.
Old 02-09-2007 | 07:51 PM
smankow
Pro

Rick, I'm also thinking about the Kojote event in April. My issue is that Uncle Sam and several states extended tax day until April 17 this year. I guess that I could always just file extensions and prepare the returns after the event.

I'm also concerned about the weather. I can't imagine trailering up or down the hill near the falls in snow or ice.

Steve
Old 02-09-2007 | 09:06 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smankow
I'm also concerned about the weather. I can't imagine trailering up or down the hill near the falls in snow or ice.

Steve
Steve, f*** the falls, think about the commute up the Pa. TP. Your bound to hit rain, sleet, snow passing through Pocono mountains.
Old 02-09-2007 | 09:39 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Steve, f*** the falls, think about the commute up the Pa. TP. Your bound to hit rain, sleet, snow passing through Pocono mountains.

Bull, Rain and sleet...please. You haven't had half the fun until you are one of the last cars on Rt. 81 N after they shut it down, in 10 inches of snow, white out conditions, snow coming at you horizontaly, head lights at night turned off because you can see better, then climbing the mountains on Rt.5-20 W with the passenger side window down looking for armco so you knew where you were on the road. Now that is some fun A.

Steve, you want to look into the Allegheny May event with a lapping day on Friday for advanced drivers.

Did I mention we have mountain biked over ice in June just north of lake seneca. WGI is a crap shoot, but at least the are restaurants a plenty. Beats the hell out of Pocono.
Old 02-09-2007 | 10:16 PM
smankow
Pro

Originally Posted by bobt993

that makes staying home and preparing more tax returns for those who always wait until the last minute seem enjoyable.

well, back to more tax returns.

Steve
Old 02-10-2007 | 09:00 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by renvagn
Bull, Rain and sleet...please. You haven't had half the fun until you are one of the last cars on Rt. 81 N after they shut it down, in 10 inches of snow, white out conditions, snow coming at you horizontaly, head lights at night turned off because you can see better, then climbing the mountains on Rt.5-20 W with the passenger side window down looking for armco so you knew where you were on the road. Now that is some fun A.

THAT was normal driving when I had a house in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State. I wasn't pointing out extreme conditions...I was commenting on rapidly changing and varying conditions over a three day period.
Old 02-10-2007 | 10:46 AM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Never mind the elevation changes at the Glen, know only that WG is on the largest of the finger lakes, just downwind of the great lakes......see Mexico, NY.

I ran in an event in May where it was snowing at the boot and raining at turn one. It took only one lap to get me back in the garage drinking coffee.
Old 02-10-2007 | 11:13 AM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by renvagn
Beats the hell out of Pocono.
A boiling oil enema on Devil's Island beats the hell out of Pocono, just so everyone has some perspective....
Old 02-10-2007 | 12:39 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

85 degrees on the front straight and snow in the boot

Seriously, it is a complete crap shoot, could be eithe of the above
Old 02-10-2007 | 01:53 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

A boiling oil enema on Devil's Island beats the hell out of Pocono, just so everyone has some perspective....

What..........Sounds like you don't like the track food either.

Quick Reply: What is the weather generally like at Watkins Glen during mid-April?