Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anderson Motorworks...were, baaack!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002 | 01:42 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

Hiya Tim and John,

I feel *great* about you guys running, the more the merrier. It's always nice to have a water pumper to kick around! Just kiddin!

Take a look at the front runners for R6, R7 and any other class you are likely to run near. You could find yourself in the midst of a championship battle for them too.

It's great fun to banter, especially with that no good Quick44 loser. Yeah, I'm hoping to come spectate on Saturday at least. I'll stop by your pits, I'd love to look over the Anderson/Huntley abortions, er um, cars.

I'm no longer on the board, my opinions are mine alone, and do not reflect any official policy.
Old 11-09-2002 | 01:53 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

BIll,

Sorry to not get back to you earlier.

Yes when I say we are running a stock head (which is not be design, but rather time constraints), I mean to say we are running a stock 8 valve head from the 2.5 liter NA 944. No port work, nothing. Infact, the lifters are not even new...springs are probably not up to par either. Stock valves. Nothing in the head has been touched.

I know its killing us by keeping us about 20hp lower that we want, but we are going to have our custom head and valve train installed for the bgeinning of next season. We plan to stay with the 8 valve to stay R5.

The new head will have solid lifters. To get tghis done we need to machine holes in the cam tower that will allow ud to measure the valve lash and shim as needed. The holes will be threaded so we can insert plugs.

Valves will be Titanium, and held up with custom springs and locks. The valves will also remain the stock size.

We will perform a port match of the head, I believe we get up to 2" free of charge according to the Rules.

So thats the story of what we are running now, and what we will be running next year.

Take Care!
Old 11-09-2002 | 05:13 PM
kellyk
Instructor

John,

I will be at the last POC event in November and will stop by your pits. Unfortunately without my car. I was waiting for the new rules before completing any more work. Won my class in V2STS last year but I got bumped to V1 in January and certainly don't want to be pushed into V0. I am still trying to count points (impossible to figure out!) and am coming pretty close to my V1 limit. At least the car should be pretty competitive by Jan/February. The 2002 POC rule changes really affected the heavily modified 951's like mine.

Congradulations on your project car and can't wait to see it in real-time. Always love to see the 911 guys squirm when theatened!
Old 11-09-2002 | 08:48 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Craig!!!

Abortions??? That cuts it man....I'm shaking your beer up for that one. I got a special beer, soaking in the sun....just for you. Its easy to fing...its the only "Blatz" in the bucket :-)

I would love to have you stop by...I was kidding about the Blatz, its going to be cold, and something a taildragger would drink!

BUT our car is not an abortion, its got the engine where it belongs.

Take Care!
Old 11-09-2002 | 09:00 PM
Craig W.
Instructor

See you then!

I hope that joke was not too off color.
Old 11-12-2002 | 10:56 PM
Huntley Racing
Racer

We are much heavier than the Anderson Car Tim, and therefore have more points to work with than them.

Quick Reply: Anderson Motorworks...were, baaack!