Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recovering after an "off"

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 03:04 AM
Sami951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K27, you'll get over it, might take a few weeks or so though. I had similar feelings when I crashed my car last winter but now I've pretty much forgotten that whole thing already.

Scenario: I was headed for a week's holiday in Lappland. We (me + friend riding shotgun + three other guys in another car) decided to leave a bit after midnight so we could drive through the night when there's practically no traffic.

Everything went fine until we were about 100km off from our destination. At that time the road was just two lanes, and we were stuck behind an annoying slow-moving (~55 mph) truck... so naturally as soon as we saw a strech of road that looked like a good spot to overtake, we went for it - mistake, there was an oncoming car hidden behind a bump on the road, saw that just as we were right in the middle along the truck. Sh*t!! Instant brakes, try to get behind the truck and back to our own lane, but no chance

I'm really thankful that this time nobody got hurt, only the car was lost... but that really gave a good reason to upgrade, got the 951 about a month after this

If you're interested, <a href="http://62.78.145.193/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=rip" target="_blank">I've got pictures of the wreck available</a>.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
I had a big crash - 85 into a tire wall.

It got my attention.

Went out there the next morning with one of the observers. He talked me thru exactly what I did wrong, and how it could have been avoided when things started to go wrong. (I was two off and hooked it)

He said go back on the horse and think about it when you run thru there,

He then added "There are two types of racers: Those who have crashed, adn those who are gonna."
Old 05-09-2003, 10:32 AM
K27
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Sami, almost the same damage as mine,I took out the left front suspension and fender, car is repairable I think.
Just can't get over the bad decision I made though, thats what scares me.
The car quite twice on the highway and stranded me in the pissing rain, I finaly get it going and go about one mile then this happened.
I was just in a bad frame of mind I think.

Mike, I believe that also and fully expect that sooner or later when you push the limits something will happen.
I don't think there is a race driver that has never gone off.

Quick Reply: Recovering after an "off"