Sponsored by:

Blaszak Control Arm

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 03:43 PM
eugene
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Blaszak Control Arm

I would appreciate any input/experience regarding these.

As good/not as good as Charley Bar Control Arms ?

Thanks.

Eugene.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:00 PM
GeoffD
Instructor

Hi there,

I've had Markus's control arms on my PCA Club Race 924S (same control arms as 83 to 85.5 944) for two years during which I've done 9 PCA Races (including 3 90 minute enduros) and about 5 DE's. We run the car quite low and have had no problems with the arms which are well made and solid. An extra bonus is that when we had a ball joint go bad at the track, we changed it in about 10 minutes with a new one which cost about $20 US.

Personally, I'd buy these and save the significant extra $$$$ which the other replacement control arms cost.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:29 AM
Kevin M
Instructor

Eugene,
I have a dedicated 944T track car and I have been running the new square tube/spherical bushing A arms on my car since Jan. 03". So far they have been great. They are about 1.5 - 2lbs. heavier than stock arms, but that weight includes the spherical bushings which replace the lighter flexy rubber bushings on the stock arms. These arms appear to be rugged as hell and ball joints are user replaceable
Kevin
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Eugene Hahn:
<strong>I would appreciate any input/experience regarding these.

As good/not as good as Charley Bar Control Arms ?

Thanks.

Eugene.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 05-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Al P.
Pro

Kevin,

Square tube/spherical bushing a-arms?

Is this something new that Markus is producing?

If not who and do you have any pics?

sorry for all the questions but you've piqued my curiosity.
Old 05-01-2003, 12:37 PM
eugene
Racer

Al.

Go to <a href="http://WWW.BLASZAKPRECISION.COM" target="_blank">WWW.BLASZAKPRECISION.COM</a>

Have a good race.

The weather does not look good.

Eugene.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:17 PM
Al P.
Pro

I'm not sure whether I'd prefer a re-inforced arm or a scratch built from tubing. The scratch built does give you some options as far as suspension settings that you couldn't achive with a stock arm but I'm not sure that's an advantage. What would be interesting was what the factory used on the LeMans cars particularly the 924/944 GTP. My understanding was that the rear arm was a heavily re-inforced steel arm but I don't recall seeing anything about the A-arms.

As far as the weather goes, they've changed the forecast so many times I've lost count.

Just about time for me to get out of here, I'll let you know how everything turns out

Quick Reply: Blaszak Control Arm