Sponsored by:

Friend selling 930 Slantnose

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 11:46 PM
jrok
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friend selling 930 Slantnose

My friend is selling his 930 Slant. If you guys know of anyone in the market and could pass this along that would be great.

It's posted in the classifieds here.
Rennlist Classified

Thanks, Jerry
Old 01-26-2007, 11:34 AM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

the price is a bit high no offense
Old 01-26-2007, 01:40 PM
jrok
Racer

Originally Posted by AndyT
the price is a bit high no offense
No worries, none taken. Others on this forum and elsewhere had mentioned it was a fair price for a Special Wishes car of that era with upgrades. The engine work alone was an additional $16,000 in 2002. It's very hard to price a car like this and we talked about it for months with friends while also searching the internet for anything similar.

Since nearly all slantnose available today are of the Dealer Ordered era from 87-89, you just can't find one of these early Factory Ordered and Factory Pickup Only cars anywhere. With a pricetag of double the normal cost of a regular 930 there just were not a great deal made, only 38 in '83. We tried to price it under the later slantnose because of it's age but still be fair because of what it is and the engine upgrades. We're PCA board members have 6 Porsches between the two of us and it was simply our best guess. I would seriously appreciate what you think would be a fair price as we will be putting it up on DuPont soon.
Thanks, Jerry
Old 01-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I love the look of the slant noses
Old 01-26-2007, 05:37 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by jrok
No worries, none taken. Others on this forum and elsewhere had mentioned it was a fair price for a Special Wishes car of that era with upgrades. The engine work alone was an additional $16,000 in 2002. It's very hard to price a car like this and we talked about it for months with friends while also searching the internet for anything similar.

Since nearly all slantnose available today are of the Dealer Ordered era from 87-89, you just can't find one of these early Factory Ordered and Factory Pickup Only cars anywhere. With a pricetag of double the normal cost of a regular 930 there just were not a great deal made, only 38 in '83. We tried to price it under the later slantnose because of it's age but still be fair because of what it is and the engine upgrades. We're PCA board members have 6 Porsches between the two of us and it was simply our best guess. I would seriously appreciate what you think would be a fair price as we will be putting it up on DuPont soon.
Thanks, Jerry
The issue is that rare cars only only valuable if they are kept all original. If the car was 100% original w/29k mile, I don't think the price would be out of line. But with the upgrades, I would guess you are looking at substantially less.

Still a pretty car.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:49 PM
MDL
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to sell it for top dollar you might consider taking it to Barrett Jackson in West Palm Beach in March. That would be a great market for that car.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:24 PM
jrok
Racer

Originally Posted by 38D
The issue is that rare cars only only valuable if they are kept all original. If the car was 100% original w/29k mile, I don't think the price would be out of line. But with the upgrades, I would guess you are looking at substantially less.

Still a pretty car.
We talked about that from a collector point of view, but he also spent a lot of money on the right parts to make it stronger, reliable and more fun to drive occasionally, which he does and hopefully the next person will too because you just don't see the things that often -- talk about drawing a crowd when we drive it, it's fun. We tried to guess what it was worth and then added some for the engine upgrades. We really would like to know what everyone thinks is a reasonable price.

Originally Posted by MDL
If you want to sell it for top dollar you might consider taking it to Barrett Jackson in West Palm Beach in March. That would be a great market for that car.
That's another great idea. Has anyone here ever done that before? Is it a royal PITA or what?

Thanks everybody.

Quick Reply: Friend selling 930 Slantnose