A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey, guys, it's DROVING. ok??
Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

I guess my point is that Ron Dennis is micro managing... once again... to the point of excess.

Alonso is a two time World Champion. He knows what it takes to win and has shown the maturity over a period of time to get the job done when leading in the points and when trailing.

Although not the same thing, it does remind me of when the World Cup Soccer team coaches give their players the edict to NOT HAVE SEX for the duration of the tournament. I don't know of any team given this order that won.

Dennis should tell the Mercedes engineers and mechanics that put together their engines NOT TO drink while on the job .
Old 01-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Originally Posted by M3Pete
Dennis should tell the Mercedes engineers and mechanics that put together their engines NOT TO drink while on the job .
What do they have to do with anything?

Over the years I have had quite a lot to do with International sport at the top levels. There have always been codes of practice about acceptable behaviour. Whether it is motorsport or yachting or equestrian, in my experience. The issue of alcohol is a common factor in those codes of practice.

If you find prohibitions on drinking during the season strange, you haven't competed at a level that is significant.

Whilst a driver like Alonso does know what it takes, he is focused on performing 'every other Sunday'. The team has cars to be tested, to get the best value from testing, the drivers have to be at the peak of their game all the time, not just on race weekends. When one is running a team, one's perspective changes.

FYI, the most successful yachting team I have been associated with discouraged drinking prior to races, encouraged early nights during the entire regatta and work up and positively welcomed sex at all times. One of the more amusing characteristics of yachtsmen! And with a long tradition, one of the early Australian America's Cup teams of almost entirely mature, grizzled and experienced guys, arrived at Newport RI wearing shirts that read 'Daughters of America lock up your mothers, the Australians are coming'.

R+C
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 AM
AMG_55
Intermediate

Thumbs down

imo: i think this is ridiculous..... kimi really ****ed w/ his mind

there is nothing wrong w/ having a drink (btw, i drink maybe once every 3 months). lets say its a 2 week break, there is nothing wrong w/ having a drink on a sat. before the race. im sure it will not have negative a negative effect on a race.

i think what he's trying to do is either put kimi on the spot (talk bad about him, set an example etc...) or just try to show the world that he's in charge-control freak.

if he thinks that a driver is drinking excessively and its affecting his driving/health, then he should just speak w/ the driver privately. or if he prefers to not have them drink (again, bs imo) then he should tell them so privately. why make headlines w/ something so elemental.

Quick Reply: Ron Dennis Has Lost His Mind