Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 08:58 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Early 911 muffler recommendations

Hi all!
I have an RS clone, powerd by a modified 2.5L 72E engine with a bursch exhaust, no heat exchangers. I'm doing a couple of DEs at Lime Rock this year and as their a bit strick on DB level, I'm thinking I might have to get another muffler setup. Any recommendations aside from a stock muffler or supertrapps that might be a bit quieter, but not compromise power?
Old 04-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Tim
Racer

I run a factory 2 in 2 out sport muffler, and I have never (knock wood) been black flagged at LRP

Couple of tricks... they love to take measurements at the bottom of the downhill.... going onto the front straight..

Check and see if there is a LRP truck at the inside of the turn..

If you see a truck dont step so hard on the throttle
Old 04-08-2003, 09:53 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Tim:
<strong>
Couple of tricks... they love to take measurements at the bottom of the downhill.... going onto the front straight..

Check and see if there is a LRP truck at the inside of the turn..

If you see a truck dont step so hard on the throttle</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Thanks for the heads up! I try to keep that in mind, if I have any reserve brain capacity available after negotiating west bend!

Quick Reply: Early 911 muffler recommendations