Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Fuel cell (Kokeln or Worldwide Motorsports) for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich,

I'd be interested in either your used cell or the one your friend has - could you PM me with pricing info?

Thanks much,

Rick
Old 01-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Mike S.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moliver
Mike:

What did you end up doing fuel cell wise?

After some asking around, I've come to the conclusion that the standard 944 tanks and location fare extremely well in crashes (for at least NA cars). My interest is in a NA street/track car. If I had a GT3 class 951 though, that would be a different story.

Mike
Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PITA - Continued;

Reference the previous installment of this topic;

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=944+fuel+cell

AlanC has stated that he had tried this same method of doing a double cell, and that it leaked. I can vouch for that, as mine did also. Because there is slight positive pressure in this portion of the system, the fittings at the secondary cell leak slightly. They cannot be sealed. As such, I am going the way that Alan did, and will fabricate an aluninum tank with welded bungs to accept the same fittings in the same positions.

I forget what version of this project I am going into...
Old 01-02-2007, 03:10 PM
JLockton
Intermediate

guy's we sold the cells and rights to Classic Automobile Restoration Service In Omaha NE 68117. you should be able to get one from them
Jason
Old 01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Mike S.
Pro

Originally Posted by RedlineMan
PITA - Continued;

Reference the previous installment of this topic;

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=944+fuel+cell

AlanC has stated that he had tried this same method of doing a double cell, and that it leaked. I can vouch for that, as mine did also. Because there is slight positive pressure in this portion of the system, the fittings at the secondary cell leak slightly. They cannot be sealed. As such, I am going the way that Alan did, and will fabricate an aluninum tank with welded bungs to accept the same fittings in the same positions.

I forget what version of this project I am going into...

John...haven't been on Rennlist much in the last half year and missed you latest update. I say you are being punished by the P-car gods for tossing out their well designed gas tank. But their hex only lasts 2 years, so hang in there as your sentance is almost up. Have fun with TIG'ing the surge tank.

Mike

P.S. Re fabricating the surge tank, maybe this is a head start. Get an aluminum go-kart fuel tank and slap on bungs on the top and bottom for your in, overflow, and out. Tap the bungs to suit. Not sure about pressure capability, but 7 psig ain't much. New here http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/...s/cpa/fuel.htm
Or better yet, used on Ebay for $10 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alumi...65407630QQrdZ1
Old 01-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe the stock tank is the best option...how hard would it be to install a dry break system with the factory tank that would allow much faster & safer refueling? Anyone done that?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick
Maybe the stock tank is the best option...how hard would it be to install a dry break system with the factory tank that would allow much faster & safer refueling? Anyone done that?
Hey;

It could probably be done, but I bet it would be a LOT of work. The stock filler is not in the most advantageous spot for customizing things. You'd also have to figure out how to do a pretty serious vent hose to a discriminator valve. I don't think the stock vent lines would be large enough. Most disc. valves are 1". Nope... I bet it would not be easy.

Quick Reply: 944 Fuel cell (Kokeln or Worldwide Motorsports) for sale?