Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peterson White Lightning to campaign F430

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Maybe Ferrari made them an offer they couldn't refuse...

Either way it should up the ante in GT2.

Last edited by Cory M; 01-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:16 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This comment was on the link.

“We were informed mid-way through last season that our drivers would be moved to other teams next year. That left us in a difficult spot but with an easy choice once Ferrari laid out their ideas of a working relationship. They outlined what Mike and I have been looking for and the decision was made."
Old 12-20-2006, 06:35 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by karlooz
gotta get saleen in the mix. they held their own in fia-gt. a couple of mazeratis would round out the alms gt1 field nicely
Spyker just purchased an F1 team. Coming up with a GT1 car would be a walk in the park.

Too bad Ford is so broke, a GT1 Ford GT would be awesome.

Were the Orca Viper's GT1 or GT?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:53 PM
cas951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Spyker just purchased an F1 team. Coming up with a GT1 car would be a walk in the park.

Too bad Ford is so broke, a GT1 Ford GT would be awesome.

Were the Orca Viper's GT1 or GT?
I believe the Vipers were GT2 category at that time which is now GT1 today.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cas951
I think they are receivining Ferrari factory support and drivers.
Hopefully Salo or Vilander!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:06 AM
gaijin
Racer

Originally Posted by cas951
I believe the Vipers were GT2 category at that time which is now GT1 today.
GTS (redesignated GT1 in 2005) was the race class for the Dodge Vipers. What was GT back then was also redesignated GT2 in 2005.

Both class redesignations were joint moves on the part of the ACO and FIA to realign each of their sporting regulations.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by David K.
Porsche gave Rahal/Letterman the RSR for free. This pissed off Peterson White Lightning after buying the RSR's from Porsche all these years and winning, so Peterson jumped shipped.
That would **** 'em off.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:47 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by gaijin
GTS (redesignated GT1 in 2005) was the race class for the Dodge Vipers. What was GT back then was also redesignated GT2 in 2005.

Both class redesignations were joint moves on the part of the ACO and FIA to realign each of their sporting regulations.
Not sure what broadcast it was, someone made a comment that GT1 in ALMS / FIA is nothing more than prototypes with silhouette productions bodies. I think this is an over simplified way to describe GT1, but not all that far off. What if, big what if. The FIA & ALMS sorta twisted the rules to bring LMP2 & GT1 closer together so they could compete. Then make LMP1 more of a manufactures playground for the really exotic stuff.

Just a thought, didn’t really put a lot of effort into this, just throwing ideas on the table. Two identical cars from the same team in LMP1 & four cars from two teams in GT1 is not a strong series in my book. Still one of the top series to watch, but there is a lot of room for improvement.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:53 AM
Dr.Porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cory M
White Lightning colors on a Ferrari makes the baby Jesus cry...
Old 12-21-2006, 02:59 AM
gaijin
Racer

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Not sure what broadcast it was, someone made a comment that GT1 in ALMS / FIA is nothing more than prototypes with silhouette productions bodies. I think this is an over simplified way to describe GT1, but not all that far off. What if, big what if. The FIA & ALMS sorta twisted the rules to bring LMP2 & GT1 closer together so they could compete. Then make LMP1 more of a manufactures playground for the really exotic stuff.

Just a thought, didn’t really put a lot of effort into this, just throwing ideas on the table. Two identical cars from the same team in LMP1 & four cars from two teams in GT1 is not a strong series in my book. Still one of the top series to watch, but there is a lot of room for improvement.
Yes. GT1 class are allowed (waivers) more deviation from their street-homologated versions already compared to that of the GT2. Allowed by both ACO and FIA after review.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:20 AM
vegasgolf98
Racer

Porsche has been treating them like second class citizens for years in many ways. They won Le Mans twice and the ALMS championship twice with little support and the factory supporting another team (like last year in Le Mans). Ferrari made the right noises . . . easy decision. I would have done the same thing. They have nothing left to prove in Porsche racing.
Having said that, I think the first year will be tough as Kent Moore is no longer quarterbacking the team and has retired to run his fine Porsche motorsports shop Premier Sportscar Service in Las Vegas.

Quick Reply: Peterson White Lightning to campaign F430