Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Cup News-- National Championship

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:21 AM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the Sep 8th Gingerman date is HPDE only... You'll have to confirm when it's posted on the website. Jeff, besides Eric, I'm going to be working you and Tristan over to show up more this year. (It's my job now, sorry. )

Chris Streit
MotoDelta Motorsports
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHA...no problem really. There really aren't any events on the schedule that I can say I would not drive and you know that I won't be able to give Eric any layups by not showing.

We are very lucky to have so many great tracks within reach.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:13 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a great schedule. How do you not pick the Milwukee Mile for the June event? It looks like you do the whole oval and then a mile or so of road course.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:19 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Dave, which model is the strongest in SuperCup?

I ask this because I have a regular Turbo, and the Turbo S looks like it would have a HP/Weight advantage, as well as a tire and brake advantage. Any thoughts to lowering the weight for the Non-S Turbo?

Also, your "in part or in entirety" updating/backdating rule should make it possible to add the Turbo S Turbo, DME and KLR to my '86 and run as a Turbo S. Am I interpreting this rule correctly?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:24 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Dave, which model is the strongest in SuperCup?

I ask this because I have a regular Turbo, and the Turbo S looks like it would have a HP/Weight advantage, as well as a tire and brake advantage. Any thoughts to lowering the weight for the Non-S Turbo?

Also, your "in part or in entirety" updating/backdating rule should make it possible to add the Turbo S Turbo, DME and KLR to my '86 and run as a Turbo S. Am I interpreting this rule correctly?

Hey Bill:

I think your impression about the Turbo S is shared by quite a few when you look at it on paper. And we are open to assessing the performance of each model and making warranted adjustments. The strongest car/driver combination I saw this year was the S2.

We have already posted rules changes for 2007 based on what we saw in 2006. With the exception of dropping the weight of the 944S, the SC weights have stayed the same.

Looking at the on track results, we just didn't see the 951S as having a decided advantage overall. While there were examples where the TubroS seemed quicker in long straights for some tracks and/or weather conditions, they seemed to give it back in other sections of the track. Cetrainly track results are effected by driver ability, so car comparisons are not perfect. We will continue to watch the relative performance of the SC models thru 2007.

And yes, you can update your 951 to 951S specs.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Thanks Dave.

I just want to be double certain on the change from Turbo to Turbo S. My car is a 1986 Turbo, so it does not have anti-lock brakes. Under the PCA rules, I would have to upgrade to anti-lock brakes in addition to the Turbo S turbo, DME and KLR. As I read the "in part or in entirety" clause, I do not have to add anti-lock brakes under SP3 rules. Am I correct?

I would, of course, update to the Turbo S calipers as this would be an advantage.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 AM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Under the PCA rules, I would have to upgrade to anti-lock brakes in addition to the Turbo S turbo, DME and KLR. As I read the "in part or in entirety" clause, I do not have to add anti-lock brakes under SP3 rules. Am I correct?
You are correct in both cases about PCA Stock rules and the 944 Super Cup/SP3 rules.

Quick Reply: 944 Cup News-- National Championship