Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman S Oil Ingestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Everyone Mantissport has solved the problem of oil ingestion. The problem is the oil/air seperator on the engine is too small especially when the engine is twisted to 7200rpms and then you enter a corner then hammer it, right or left, SMOKE. We have developed a additional breather system it works. NO oil clouds, now We built it for our race car. We are in the process of reconfiguring it so it will fit and work on your cars. It should ready by the new year. Yes if Porsche dry sumped the engine, we would not have this issue.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by [I
C4 Guy]I bought the car from Suncoast Porsche - they've been great to work with! [/I] [B]
Terry,

This problem sounds like something that goes well beyond the dealer.........starting with PCNA andPAG. It's unacceptable and it should not be your problem. Hey, it's a Porsche.

Now, if you really want to solve the problem, look no further than the bullet-proof 911 Carrera. They don't make'em like that anymore.

Good luck, say hi to D for me. Off to Sebring tomorrow for the HSR weekend.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Ernie: Sounds like another endorsement of the Cayman clubsport (dry sump of course)!

Jack
Old 11-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Ernie J
Pro

Well I do own a 86 911 DE car just a touch slower than the Cayman. But We will keep FIXing the Cayman. Jack, see you at Sebring club race?
Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,886 Likes on 2,408 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
since this is happening at a "track event" if something becomes a problem for the car will porsche warranty be valid?
the second anyone mentions the car is at the track some dealers void warranties, Terry although car seems sound if you have to communicate this issue with the dealer consider how its described! Just lookn out for ya!!
also some of the dealers frequent this board as well! So cars under warranty seeing track duty beware.......just my 2 cents to look out for us! ....tom
get to know your dealer and support their business, you can have just about EVERYTHING warrantied, trust me.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 AM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Ernie: If you mean 48hrs in Feb I'm hoping to attend. Are you going to Homestead next weekend?

Jack
Old 11-30-2006, 07:46 AM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan in Florida
Good luck, say hi to D for me. Off to Sebring tomorrow for the HSR weekend.
Will do Dan. I might see you at Sebring this weekend. I offered to crew for John Poor on Saturday.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Terry glad you have a good rappore with your dealer, as do I BUT I still had to pay for a new twin turbo tranny that they said was bad due to "track abuse". Guess I had bad luck.
You have a great car, see ya at the track soon!....tom
Old 11-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Ernie J
Pro

Jack , no Homestead, lots of work , 2 more spec-1 cars to build for Sebring, Cayman stuff to bulid.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:16 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Ernie: Sounds very interesting. Good luck
Terry: Good luck at the race.
Jack

Last edited by pedsurg; 11-30-2006 at 11:41 PM. Reason: sp
Old 12-01-2006, 08:23 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
Terry glad you have a good rappore with your dealer, as do I BUT I still had to pay for a new twin turbo tranny that they said was bad due to "track abuse". Guess I had bad luck.
You have a great car, see ya at the track soon!....tom
Tom, the unfortunate truth is that your tranny problem most likely was a result of track usage. When you track your car, and especially when learning, you tend to abuse things and the tranny is one part that takes a major hit. Now the engine on the other hand, unless you've modified it, should be a warrantee item since it has protection from most abuse. The concern is over-reving which the dealer can easily see.

I would only take my car back to the dealer for items not used (abused) on the track, like a/c, engine (unless I missed a downshift and overreved), radio etc...

Warrantee's are a funny thing. But having a good raport with the dealer is the most important part of the deal since they can cover almost anything they want. It only gets hard when the costs are very high, then they have to justify the repair.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:00 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget to take all the # stickers off first...

Quick Reply: Cayman S Oil Ingestion