Sponsored by:

Quick seat question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:51 AM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

I installed the Corbeau FX1's that you pictured in your opening post in my RSA for DE this year. I definitely agree with earlier post that they are VERY flexible. I mounted them on the Corbeau sliders. This winter's project will be to make side mounts (I say make because the Corbeau sidemounts are like an Erector set). It looks like the sidemounts will take some of the flex out of them and I will be able to angle them back slightly - they are too upright with the sliders, especially with helmet on.

They are certainly only an interim solution for me - just enough to meet the "slotted" seat requirement for the harnesses (and save about 50 lbs and save wear/tear on the stock original RSA seats). I will say that one instructor that I know well told me bluntly that he did not feel safe due to the seat flex......he said he won't ride with me again with the FX1's.....
Old 03-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Dan Shea
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey how did this turn out? Are they any more stable? Being a poor college kid, I'm looking for inexpensive track seats and I was going to choose the Fx1's but this makes me wonder.

Quick Reply: Quick seat question...