Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone going to Summit this weekend? with EMRA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 11:24 AM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default anyone going to Summit this weekend? with EMRA?

hi fellas!

i've been outside, cleaning up the car, changing the tires, checking it over, gassing it up, and am about to load her into the trailer.....

anyone else going to be driving (or just crewing or watching) the races at Summit this weekend (hosted by EMRA)?

i'll be racing in saturday's (and hopefully sunday's!) 18 lap sprint races. my friend brian will be running his miata in the 4 hour enduro on sat (and hopefully the sprints on sun!).

i put a pretty good setup on the car last weekend with RTR, and i hope to put up a good battle in ST-2 (thats in big bore; they class me pretty rough because of the non factory motor - i've got a stock K20A2 RSX-S motor and tranny in there).

some of the tough ST-2 cars include:
Acura NSX V6
Audi S4
Audi S6
BMW 6cylM, 8 series
BMW M3 (E46, ’00 and up)
BMW E36 M3
BMW M-Coupe, M-Roadster (Z-3 based car)
Cadillac CTS-V
Consulier
Camaro Z-28 / SS
Corvette '84 & newer
Corvette C6 with Sport Package
Ford Mustang Cobra, Cobra R
Ferrari, 8 & more cyl
Honda S2000
Lamborghini
Lotus Esprit T
Maserati 8 cyl and up 2 door
Mazda RX-8
Mazda RX7 Twin Turbo 1993 ->
Mitsubishi EVO (all)
Nissan 350Z
Nissan 300ZX T '89 & newer
Porsche Turbo, 928S4, 944 16v, 911>2.5l
Subaru WRX STi
Toyota MR-2 (second gen), T and SC
Toyota Supra TT
Volkswagen Golf R32
Volvo 850R

i will probably be the "underdog" car in ST-2; i was praying and doing the dance all week for rain, but it looks to be perfect race weather (sunny and cool; in the 50s). nice weather to race in, but not what i need to give me that edge!!!!

hope to see some of you down there; just stop by the ReidSpeed trailer and say "hi" and hang out!!!!

todd
#11 Honda Civic DX Type S
Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
d15b7
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default vid clip from EMRA races on 11-18-06

good morning, gents!

i'm a little beat; the weekend (for me) was great; weather was real cold and chilly (frost in the mornings!); track was never really "fast", it was just too cold, i think.

i ran the sprints on sat and sun, and was victorious both days in ST-2! the Honda and I overcame the others in my class (C5 vette, E36 Dmod BMW car, 911 C2) -- both days i got a good rolling start and within a few laps had put some distance on them. sat's race was 18 laps, and suns was 12 laps; i was running some of my leftover S05s, and this was their 5th weekend, so they were pretty beat up and tended to start to go away after 6-8 laps. i conserved as best i could, and was able to hold on for the win both days; see vid clip below from sat's race (camera quit several laps from the end of the race):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59534384&hl=en

there were some super cool and fast cars in Big Bore with me; there was a pristine Ferrari F430 Challenge car which had come down from Long Island; there was a GT-1 tube frame Pontiac monster, and some Super Trucks. there were a bunch of AI mustangs and another Corvette. a couple full race 911s (maybe old WC GT cars?). there was a EP Lotus Seven (he and i battled it out a bit both days; on sat he got me, on sun i got him!). Hugh Stewart showed up on sunday with a WC BMW touring car; he had to start last, and by the end of the race i think he was third!?!?!?!? he was FLYING! i really had a good time, tho, all weekend!

oh; my car is a 1995 Honda Civic DX, with a stock RSX-S drivetrain in it (drivetrain pulled out of a wrecked RSX-S, with headers, exhaust system, air filter, and a good tuneup). suspension is stock honda all the way around, with DMS shocks and springs. SRR big rear swaybar, no front bar. Prelude VTEC front rotors w/Acura Legend front calipers. stock rear drums. when i race it, the car is classed in NASA H1 or EMRA ST-2.

enjoy!

Todd Reid
#11 ReidSpeed Civic DX Type S

Quick Reply: anyone going to Summit this weekend? with EMRA?