Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 4.5 mile track in Savannah, GA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 02:09 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New 4.5 mile track in Savannah, GA?

Anybody read or know about this? I don't know the time frame for starting or completion, but it's 1.5 hours from my house!

http://www.unlimitedspeed.net/site.html

And home sites are only 7-9.... MILLION.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

They've neglected to include an interplantary spaceport and a Waffle House. Slum. I had a really good giggle reading about the 'Zen Spa'.

"The entire 3,000 acres is protected by a 9-foot fence, controlled gated access and an attentive, professional security staff on site 24/7/365 to insure your security and privacy". Ha. Not just an eight foot fence...an NINE foot fence. Sounds like Nigel in 'This is Spinal Tap'. Who the hell are they trying to keep out ?

Has Phil been reduced to renting his name out for crap like this ?

Any takers on a bet ? First resident is named 'Clampett'...
Old 11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
PMS993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't appear as if Roebling Road will have anything to worry about. This is one of those "Driving Clubs" that are popping up all over. My take is that mere mortals such as myself will be excluded from getting past the "controlled gate access."
Old 11-01-2006, 03:51 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Who has the right of way when a plane wants to land and your on a hot lap?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:54 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even if it does come true, is anyone here willing to wager how long it would take one of the owners of the 120 houses built within the complex to sue to get the track shut down because they were "misled" about how loud or how early/late the noise from the track will be?

I am betting 3 years . . .
Old 11-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Even if it does come true, is anyone here willing to wager how long it would take one of the owners of the 120 houses built within the complex to sue to get the track shut down because they were "misled" about how loud or how early/late the noise from the track will be?

I am betting 3 years . . .
I was thinking the same thing
Old 11-01-2006, 04:39 PM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

I always wonder how safety is handled at these kinds of venues. Is there an on call corner worker crew or are you driving "at your own risk"?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:53 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
I always wonder how safety is handled at these kinds of venues. Is there an on call corner worker crew or are you driving "at your own risk"?

I think they have tv camera and lights. Oh.. and some guy named bubba in control room surfing the net.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mitch236
The real Clubs, noclue about this one, do have full time staffs for corner workers, fire/rescue, etc. If the Alpine ever happens in PA, one of the plus points that was embraced by the community was the upgrade in emergency services that would be funded for them, including chopper medivac to Lehigh Med Center.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,567 Likes on 822 Posts

I just got "pitched" on one of these super-upscale deals that is being planned down here. $125,000 up front to be a Founder Member, or $35,000 to be a Standard Member + #250 per month. Funds to be held in escrow until they eventually break ground.

Me, I think I'll just remain a Very Large Member, and keep my money earning ME interest instead of some blue-sky developer...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
redpackage
Advanced

Horses love the sound of a car backfiring. It keeps them calm. Golfers at the tee miss the sound of a V12 during their backswing. Drivers appreciate the lack of gravel traps and tire walls when they have a shunt. Just can't wait to see how far the car goes in the grass.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

LOL. I was thinking the same things you guys ask.

And the elevation change of 12' is going to be incredible...
Old 11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, I just received the December issue of R&T, and on page 34 there is a short piece and drawing titled "The Phil Hill Motorsports Complex", with a quote from Phil regarding this course. The article points out that the front straight will be 5400-ft long, doubling as an FAA approved runway. Will Tower clearance be given for the entire run session, or must it be requested on each lap????

The article further says that the 120 home sites will range from $750,000 to $2,000,000 per lot. Another quote..."construction has already begun, and the track should be operational by summer 2007".
Old 11-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Fred Block
1st Gear

Hello,

My name is Fred Block and I am the webmaster for the Victory Lane race track development – seen at http://www.unlimitedspeed.net/
During a recent company meeting, I mentioned that a few questions about our project had come up in various web forums. Our COO, Steve Brown, then asked that I forward this note as a quick introduction to our company:

Guys,
I hope you don’t mind that I am chiming in on your chat. I would like to introduce myself. I am Stephen Brown the COO of Unlimited Speed, the developer of Victory Lane GA. I would like to give you a quick overview of the project. Victory Lane is a patent-pending lifestyle development designed for the motor sports enthusiast and car collector. It occupies 3078 acres in Tattnall County GA. (80 mi. west of Savannah) with 120 three to thirty acre home sites starting at $675K. The heart of the development is the Phil Hill Motor Sports Complex with a 4.5 mi. road course designed by Bob Barnard. Other amenities include: FAA approved runway, cart track, paddocks, signature golf course, equestrian center, clubhouse and spa, fishing…. We are a niche development company based in Breckenridge, CO, with offices in CA, MN, WI and GA, and have been building unique lifestyle developments for over 15 years. We have been putting together Victory Lane for over three years, making the world class team etc... All of the entitlements are in place. The development is now being offered to the public. Please visit the website for more info, or feel free to send me an email at stephen@unlimitedspeed.net. I will get back to anyone as soon as possible.
Live The Lifestyle.
Steve
Old 11-10-2006, 09:30 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Steve,

Do you have to be a homeowner/member only to use the facilities or will the track be rented out to clubs like the PCA, etc. such as VIR is? I did not see this on the website.

Regards,
Jim

Quick Reply: New 4.5 mile track in Savannah, GA?