Data Loggers: AX22 vs. G2X

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data Loggers: AX22 vs. G2X

I'm about to dive in and pick one up, but would like to hear from those who've owned them. Both are GPS based and should provide an acceptable level of accuracy for a casual racer such as myself, and also because i'd like to carry it from car to car.

Anyone have any pro's and cons?

One con I can think of for the AX22 is that the dash unit is another 700$

How about things like ease of programming, accuracy, ease of software usage (interpretation, overlay functions, comparisons, etc...)

Your thoughts as always are appreciated.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:41 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

Omar, The dash is certainly a drawback, but maybe the only one. I own an AX22, the accuracy, ease of use, and features of the device are overwhelming. One recent example of how useful it can be is right here.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/303918-vmax-day-excuses-excuses.html

There are a few other threads using that datalogger. It is a fantastic device and very solidly built.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:07 PM
kary993
Drifting

Omar,

While I sell the G2X and have not used the AX22, I can say that the G2X is a great value which includes the in car display. The installis simple from car to car at the track if you wish, and the software is pretty easy with some basic concepts put forth. Accuracy is fine and it integrates nicely with video using trackvision for example.

I would purchasethe G2X again due to its value proposition over all the other competitors.

If you are interested call me to discuss.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:15 PM
bnewport
Racer

I have two G2X loggers and have been happy with them. I loan them to people around the country to gather data from tracks and so far, no one has been unable to do it. It's pretty much plug and go.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:50 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Kary

Would you have any data charts with acceleration runs or track lap that shows the capability of the tool (long G, lat G, etc..). It does sound interesting and it would be nice to compare to the AX22. I might sell one of my AX22 and buy a G2X.

If you have any links you can post or video it would be great..
Old 10-15-2006, 03:12 PM
bnewport
Racer

Take a look at the Trackpedia link on my sig, we have g2x data on a lot of tracks and video. Most of our video is hosted on youtube. Just search for trackpedia and we have quite a few videos with telemetry on tracks we did.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2006, 09:17 PM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jean
Kary

Would you have any data charts with acceleration runs or track lap that shows the capability of the tool (long G, lat G, etc..). It does sound interesting and it would be nice to compare to the AX22. I might sell one of my AX22 and buy a G2X.

If you have any links you can post or video it would be great..
You calso see a number of screen shots of the software at my site

http://group9motorsports.com/catalog...oducts_id=5131

Note the hot links toward the lower area where the screen shots are.

Here is a video of laguna using the G2X and PDR100 digital video with trackvision software for the overlay:

http://www.group9motorsports.com/vid...gunaSeca06.wmv

Thanks Billy

Enjoy and if you have any questions I can answer them around the G2X as I am a factory trained dealer.

Quick Reply: Data Loggers: AX22 vs. G2X