Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chasing Cayman S with bumper cam at MSR

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He was poo-poo'd way before that. I guess I cut him some slack because he is so young. Don't tell me you didn't do anything stupid in your early 20's (if you can remember that far back). That still doesn't take away from the fact that he is a pretty damn good driver.

G.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,496 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by George A
He was poo-poo'd way before that. I guess I cut him some slack because he is so young. Don't tell me you didn't do anything stupid in your early 20's (if you can remember that far back). That still doesn't take away from the fact that he is a pretty damn good driver.

G.

Hey, I agree. I think we all did stupid ****, and I have no problem with him being an instructor, as long as he toned down his wild antics in front of students. Hell, I could learn a lot from him!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:49 PM
boze_man
Pro

a cayman owner told me that for the track he heard that caymans need to run a quart low to avoid the smoke problem and a possible black flag as it could look like an engine prob on the track...???

not sure if it makes any sense but that is what he told me and thought i would pass on
Old 10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by boze_man
a cayman owner told me that for the track he heard that caymans need to run a quart low to avoid the smoke problem and a possible black flag as it could look like an engine prob on the track...???

not sure if it makes any sense but that is what he told me and thought i would pass on
Ha ha, run a quart low on a wet sump engine during track events?!?!? Sounds like a greeeeeeaaaaat idea.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:17 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,498 Likes on 2,276 Posts

Originally Posted by boze_man

well yes and no.

if you run a quart or so low, you may encounter oil starvation at high g turns. (i said you MAY..not sure. my has not blown up yet. )

if you run full, you will eventually kill the cat (dont that many times) and get some smoke. other than scary the **** out of others, i haven't had negative impact (well dead cat does bother me).

however, i only know one person directly who has blown a motor wiht R compound (not slick) doing DE (not racing). so my guess is that 90% of the track drivers, me included, are too slow to pull enough g's to granade the motor.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

So who is Rex and what/where was his off?

Greg+David+Thread=Off Topic Thread
Old 10-15-2006, 04:24 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin Dubois
this is my first attempt at the bumper cam
Kevin,

What are you using as your camera setup?

-td

Quick Reply: Chasing Cayman S with bumper cam at MSR