Sponsored by:

Penske skipping LeMans, LMP2 in 07

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Congo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
If God intended for cars to have no holes in the roofs, and limited slips, he wouldn't be driving Cadillacs.

Oh wait, Caddy puts an LSD in their CTS-V as standard, and the sunroof is an OPTION!!!!
The 2006 CTS-V came standard with a sunroof unlike the 04 and 05 models.

The 07 CTS-V uses the LS2 and has a" heavy-duty, increased diameter, 70-mm prop shaft is used for the higher torque requirements."

Sebah Racing seems to want to race an RS Spyder next year.

http://www.sebah-racing.com/rsspyder.htm
Old 10-15-2006, 07:10 PM
Congo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by butzip
I went to Le Mans this year, I had my flight and hotel booked all set to see the RS in action and well you all know the rest. Didn't keep me from going, the R10 was awesome. If you thought the R8 was dominant, the R10 seems unbeatable. Porsche needs to STEP UP!!! the last time I saw porsche 'going for it' was Petit Le Mans 98' I was standing about 20 feet from the take off point saw the whole thing. I pretty much went to see the GT1 and blast off!! I almost went home :-(

I thought 07' would be the year they get their !@#$ together......

Hey - lay off the cabs...

Brgds, Peter
Peugeot is building a 700 + hp diesel-powered P1 coupe. The 908 V12 HDi DPFS is the first car manufacturer-developed, non-VW owned, LMP1 since the 1999-2002 Panoz LMP-1 Roadster S (P900 for 900 kilos).

Peugeot will build their own monocoque unlike Audi which has Dallara build the R10's monocoque. They might go to the 55th Twelve Hours of Sebring next year.

Old 10-16-2006, 06:49 AM
Bill935K3
Racer

Penske added that the team will once again forgo the 24 Hours of Le Mans – where a revamped version of the RS Spyder will be available to customer teams for the first time
Smart Porsche, how to sell expensive care. Sell a definite La Mans class winner and chance at overall without factory squad to compete against. Of course the chance of all Audie R-10's breaking is slim and none but???
Old 10-16-2006, 09:53 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

The Spyders are not cheap and the factory will not sell them to anyone with a big wallet. The last I've read has six or seven sold with two going to US based teams.

Quick Reply: Penske skipping LeMans, LMP2 in 07