Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Club Race is Hallett

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have stayed at the BudgetZZZZZZZZ previously (and it's mystery rate). I would strongly urge you to look elsewhere, your shower may be in the closet. Or start using the ice bucket as a pail to scoop out water from the tub. They do have clean rooms and 'not so clean' rooms. Cleveland does have a Walfart and it's the closest town to Hallett (~10 miles).

Bunch of us are staying in Mannford at the Lakeshore Inn, it's attraction is Freddie Steakhouse next door. Still, I'd say it's marginal. Nearest civilization is West Tulsa (Sand Springs), but that's the longest 40-mile drive at 6:00am.

Another bit of information. Unless things changed recently, you won't find 93 unleaded in Hallett. Race fuel at the track or drive in to Cleveland. I fill up my fuel jugs in Mannford in the morning.

Get there early in the morning. You'll find out why the "Chicken Song" is #1 on Jess' playlist.

Jess, you have a PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Ryan V
Track Day

Waco Kid,
I think you should change your user name to "B-Rad 254". It really rolls off the tongue. Just my 2 cents!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Hampton Inn is clean as any other, not much around there and yes, it is a long drive at 7:00 in the morning, about 30-35 minutes to the track. They have a Billards just down the street, not bad, there is a new Rib Crib just off of S97 and then a couple of places down by Wal Mart, two exits west of the hotel.

Thursday night low is forecast for 36, high Friday 65, chance of rain Saturday.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Waco Kid
Advanced

I see Ryan V, aka "Pit Monkey", has jumped on board. Ryan is part of the Waco gang and will be @ Hallett with us.

I just checked Lake Shore Motel, they only have one non-smoking room remaining so we are staying @ the ZZZZ.

Thanks for all the heads-up advice from everyone.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:43 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ...

We will be down late Thurs. with the latest addition to the stable. Come by and say Hi and have a cold one. We will be parked all the way down at the by trun 1 ish.

Chris
Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2006, 01:06 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Chris,
That car looks vaguely familiar Seriously, it looks great! You guys have fun! Hopefully next year, they won't schedule Hallett & Daytona the same weekend
Old 10-12-2006, 11:25 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Chris, how many cupcars do you guys have now? Is that three? I will miss Hallett this year. I'm bummed, I really like the track. Oh well, there's always next year.

George
Old 10-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

hittin the road now. small rain, temp 52, Tulsa, 4.5 hours, be at the track by 6:30-700.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Waco Kid
Greg it was nice meeting you @ TWS last weekend. You drive that BMW very well but I still think you should make the switch to a p-car...........
Thanks, Nice meeting you too. So who's gonna write that check for a p-car for me? Any takers?
Old 10-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just got in from Hallett, GREAT WEATHER for the event, although I bet the Club race is a bit wet today. I left this morning at 5 and it was a steady rain.

Met some great folks from TX, MO, KS, and other places. The track car performed great through all the events but on the last lap, of the last session, there was a green 911S in front of me, going up hill right before the Bitch - he tapped his brake, I was in the slight right hander at the top of the hill and I lifted - yep, it spun so fast all I could think was "two feet in". I ended up still on the track, the front end just went off in the dirt, didn't even crack the front splitter but it cracked my feelings. To the pits and trailer I went, then to the hospitality tent for a beer. It was a great success by wonderful low key and very organized region event planners!

Nick, if you're reading this, great last session, hope I didn't make you nervous back there behind you with that lime green splitter filling your side mirror - great car you have!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

here is a good shot from somewhere in between 4 and 6 I think...
Old 10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have stayed around for the race...It was great fun, in true Hallett tradition sunday was wet all day. Only about 20 cars for the enduro and combined sprint race. Those with rain tires did well, those without had problems.

Jay:
Thanks looks like you guys had fun at Daytona nice finish....you guys going to NPR?

George:
No just 2. Both ran like a dream even if the old '00 was a tad faster then the new one....
Old 10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
911S3.6
Pro

Hi Brett,
I never look in my mirrors! Ha! But seriously, that was a lot of fun last session...your car is really quick, the only advantage I had was my shorter wheelbase and rear engine skuttlebutt around the hairpin turn 2. Great stuff! Our group was really set up nicely with decent drivers and some very close action-
Thanks again for protecting my flanks at the hotel parking lot-I slept better. Hope to see you around-come out to Kansas City Region homecourt, Heartland Park-Topeka. Lots of 944 action and great folks.

///Nick
Old 10-17-2006, 05:23 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Chris,
Doubtful on NPR. It's been a busy year. Daytona was awesome! You guys have got to go next year!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Waco Kid
Hi all, my first club race will be next weekend @ Hallett. Any words of wisdom for a rookie? I drive an 86' 911 F stock.

Also thanks to everyone who help me along the way: West, Caren, Jim T, Steve B, and George A.

Side note: Greg it was nice meeting you @ TWS last weekend. You drive that BMW very well but I still think you should make the switch to a p-car...........
I forgot to ask you this weekend, how was your first club race?

Quick Reply: 1st Club Race is Hallett