Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Homeowner's association called about the car....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006 | 10:42 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Default Homeowner's association called about the car....

My mechanic couldn't take the car in after Daytona this weekend and the homeowner's association called me already today about it being in the driveway

So, here's what a quick-fix looks like
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:22 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Don't you love HOA's! Well, at least the HOA police (neighbors) that have nothing better to do.

That's why I had my trailer made to fit my garage as well.
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:27 PM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by A930Rocket

That's why I had my trailer made to fit my garage as well.
Or even more fun make your garage big enough to fit any trailer you might need or use.

<-------- Happily lives somewhere with no HOA and neighbors who will actually talk to you if there is a problem
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:37 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

What a bunch of crap. Must be the same type people that call the cops about a "suspicious dog" in the neighborhood.
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:46 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

I get the same crap from my HOA. Plus my next door neighbor is on the HOA board so I always get an earfull. My response to him is usually go f*** yourself.
Old 10-03-2006 | 12:03 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeez, South Florida for you. I know all about it......
Old 10-03-2006 | 12:43 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

I don't live in an HOA. Why would they care about a race car in your driveway? A trailer I can understand as many county zones require a minimum distance to the property line, no visibility from the front of the house, etc. But a car with some stickers on it?
Old 10-03-2006 | 01:22 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

HOAs are just another one of the many freedoms that we have lost in this country. They built a 9 house development next to my property with an HOA, and one of the neighbors (a good friend now) has to park his truck in my driveway when he needs to bring it home overnight. What a joke.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-03-2006 | 08:43 AM
mitch236
Rennlist Member

Just to let you know, I am building a professional building on a major road here in S. FL and we not only had to get the usual building permits, but had to let COBRA (not sure of the spelling, but they are the overall managers of all HOA's) decide what we could build even though we are outside of any gated community. They are a major power and pain.
Old 10-03-2006 | 08:56 AM
Boulder GT3
Rennlist Member

Did you agree to the covenants when you bought or rented the property?
Old 10-03-2006 | 09:20 AM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
I don't live in an HOA. Why would they care about a race car in your driveway? A trailer I can understand as many county zones require a minimum distance to the property line, no visibility from the front of the house, etc. But a car with some stickers on it?
A local HOA will not permit any vehicles with stickers. When Chuck parks his plumbing van in his drive at the end of the day, he has to throw a tarp over it because it says "Chuck's Plumbing" on the side.

Most HOAs don't realize how such nonsense decreases property values, exactly what they are trying to avoid.
Old 10-03-2006 | 09:30 AM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

It was not even on jack stands in your driveway? what a crock of ****! I sware people have nothing better to do but enforce meaningless "laws."

well at least it fits in the garage... but i would race it around the neighbor that reported it's house at least once to prove a point
Old 10-03-2006 | 09:34 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I like the tarp idea...I'm sure that was the "look" they were hoping for! I made the mistake of living where there was an HOA once in my life. One covenant was that no trucks could be parked outside over night, including the nicest, well option pick-up truck, even with no lettering/stickers. Even though the truck often wasn't used for days at a time, every day the first thing I did was back it out on the driveway while waiting for the coffee maker. And every night the last thing I did was pull it into the garage, sometimes after mid-night.
Old 10-03-2006 | 10:25 AM
smankow
Pro

since it's beat up the HOA's here's my take:

my HOA is now (after 13 years) telling me I'm violating the bylaws by washing my car in front of my house. The bylaw that I'm breaking is "nuisances" that goes on to talk about noxious or offensive activities. When/if they fine me, I'd like to see them take it to a judge and say that I violated a bylaw by keeping my cars clean. Hopefully, it would be laughed out of court.

I think that I've finally stopped laughing about it and I still wash my 996 and truck in the same fashion as always.

Steve
Old 10-03-2006 | 10:44 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I my area, where people live in HOA areas, many have taken them to Court, shown where the covenants have not been inforced for years, or were inforced inconsistently, and had the covenants thrown out.

Quick Reply: Homeowner's association called about the car....