Katherine Legg in the Kink

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 11:32 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Originally Posted by lawjdc
I was in turn 5 for the Miata crash fest. Some very, very good driving, some not so good. But hilariously entertaining!
We need to start wearing Rennlist flags - I was in turn 5 for the MX-5 demo derby as well.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Dave in Chicago
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 174 Posts

That shunt deserves a full investigation into "what exactly went RIGHT" with the safety systems. Too often the detective work is prompted by tragedy. I trust all of racing can glean some insights from this little blessing.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:23 AM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flipping incredible (no pun intended, just trying to keep it clean) that she came out of that in one piece and only bruised and be willing to step right back into a car if it were available. I now have more respect for her than ever before... and I was already impressed with her performance.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:02 AM
gerry100
Pro

The car designs these days are marvels in that they absorb the crash energy and hold the driver in a nearly impenetrable "cocoon" that keeps the body intact.

What's amazing is that they survive the G loads.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Safety today is lightyears ahead of what it has been in the past which is a great thing.
Can't help it, makes me wish especially in May 9th, 1982 Formula 1 cars had the safety they have today.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:40 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by lawjdc
I was in turn 5 for the Miata crash fest. Some very, very good driving, some not so good. But hilariously entertaining!
Yeah the first lap at turn 5 was where everything really happened.

The guy in the red Miata with the blue stripe was an acquaintence of mine and had he not been mixed up with that he would have been with Saini and Daniels. He was turning the same times but ended up in 18th or so after the first lap. He made it back to 6th by the end of the race. With no yellows there wasn't much of a way for him to bridge the gap from the second group to Saini and Daniels. I was shooting the race up in six so I missed all the fun.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:43 AM
cooleyjb
Documenter of Ineptitude
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by gerry100
The car designs these days are marvels in that they absorb the crash energy and hold the driver in a nearly impenetrable "cocoon" that keeps the body intact.

What's amazing is that they survive the G loads.

I always think about how great car designs are today compared to older cars in safety when I am at vintage races. People are getting in and racing these cars that we consider a bit of a death trap. And they are doing it on better tires so they can go even faster than the car did originally.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 PM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

I think I figured it out... she's used to this stuff. British F3 race in 2003 http://youtube.com/watch?v=kgx0PrnL34U

Quick Reply: Katherine Legg in the Kink