Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'Perfect' Sebring lap for a 993...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:17 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 830 Likes on 417 Posts

I find driving like golf. When you shoot 110, it is relatively easy to drop 15 strokes off your game. But if you shoot 80, it's hard to drop 2.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said Colin.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:03 PM
mkd944
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Terry, DVD is on it's way.

Mike,

Yes, we were parked next to each other (BTW, it was Saturday's guy who was in your pit and left those nutshells there!).

That is me passing you (and missing the apex! ) but your link wasn't the correct one, this is.

Good videos, thanks for sharing. Our lines are very similar BTW.
See you next time!
I figured the nutshells were left by somebody else. I'll be back at Sebring Oct 7th and 8th with Chin and possibly at Homestead on Oct 21st w/ Chin again. Hope to see you at an event in the future.

Mike
Old 09-23-2006, 07:11 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finn: As we discussed on the 993 board, that was a fine lap. You were flying! Soooooo Terry what's all the delay with the video? This is surely must see TV. Christian: Hats off to the Citrus region efforts last Sunday. On track at 8AM, open track for the last hour; GREAT effort. Rumor has it that another PCA group (which should go nameless) was still talking at 9:15 AM the preceeding Saturday.

Jack
Old 09-23-2006, 09:20 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pedsurg
Finn: As we discussed on the 993 board, that was a fine lap. You were flying! Soooooo Terry what's all the delay with the video? This is surely must see TV. Christian: Hats off to the Citrus region efforts last Sunday. On track at 8AM, open track for the last hour; GREAT effort. Rumor has it that another PCA group (which should go nameless) was still talking at 9:15 AM the preceeding Saturday.

Jack
+1

On track at 8AM, that's impossible, sorry I missed it.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:34 PM
agio
Racer

TD.
I see that you live in the DC area, is that right? That's not too far from Florida, especially in the winter. Why not plan to run with us? We usually have enough events that could cover 2 events in a couple weeks or so. If you think about coming down, I'll put together a short schedule and you can pick and choose. We have 3 (well, maybe only 2) tracks: Sebring (world class); Homestead (great track facilities) and then there's Moroso...oh, well it's almost 3 tracks.
C'mon down, the weather gets great in the winter!
Old 09-23-2006, 10:35 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob, you saying that to me is like a man bringin' martinis to an AA meeting. Cold. Just Cold. You keep that up and I might just do that

Lot's of people from here I would love to meet, including you and Finn, among many others . . .

TD
Old 09-24-2006, 01:13 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Yeah TD you should come down here and do Sebring.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:42 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Originally Posted by mkd944
I figured the nutshells were left by somebody else. I'll be back at Sebring Oct 7th and 8th with Chin and possibly at Homestead on Oct 21st w/ Chin again. Hope to see you at an event in the future.

Mike

Sorry about the nutshells. Usually we bring a little bucket/cup for the shells so we can throw them away. I will add nutshell bucket to my track checklist.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Golf... Well, as long as I'm sill able to hit the moving target...
You're right though, closer to to top your are in anything, harder it is to improve.

Jack, I agree, Citrus did a great job!

TD, pass the bottle... See you in 48 hours of Sebring!

John, you guys must love nuts!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:45 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
John, you guys must love nuts!
Yes we do, a bag of pistachios and a bag of shelled peanuts, great snacks.

Yesterday I was changing the brakes on my car and my son Cooper (22 months) was in the garage taking it all in. I laid down on the ground to place the jack, he lays down to see what was going on. Then I washed the car, he played in the suds and I gave him a sponge so he could wash some. Too damn cute. Then I took a break and was having some pistachios. He watched me break the shells, throw the shells in a bucket and eat the nut a few times then he wanted a nut. I gave him the nut and he threw it in the shell bucket. I had to teach him to throw the shells in the bucket and eat the nut. Priceless moments!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, that is a fast track and that is a fast time!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:00 PM
techno99
Racer

To bad you're going to have to teach Cooper to drive a front wheel drive car in 14 years.

Jeff

Originally Posted by jsabatini
Yes we do, a bag of pistachios and a bag of shelled peanuts, great snacks.

Yesterday I was changing the brakes on my car and my son Cooper (22 months) was in the garage taking it all in. I laid down on the ground to place the jack, he lays down to see what was going on. Then I washed the car, he played in the suds and I gave him a sponge so he could wash some. Too damn cute. Then I took a break and was having some pistachios. He watched me break the shells, throw the shells in a bucket and eat the nut a few times then he wanted a nut. I gave him the nut and he threw it in the shell bucket. I had to teach him to throw the shells in the bucket and eat the nut. Priceless moments!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:06 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Originally Posted by techno99
To bad you're going to have to teach Cooper to drive a front wheel drive car in 14 years.

Jeff
techno99, AKA Jeff? Hey Jeff!

Yes I will have to teach him to drive a front wheel drive car, as long as you guys take good care of Cooper's future car. Honestly, any of the 4 cars in your current stable would do. Of course the M3 and/or the C2 would be for me.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

John,

My youngest only eats cashews, regardless of what else is available. I'm nuts about nuts too though! Don't worry about having to learn FWD cars, surely your 911 is still in shape by the time your kids can drive!

Thanks Jay,
trying my best, sadly I don't get to go to Sebring as often as I'd like to and learn more. Hopefully more than in the past, I love that track.

Quick Reply: 'Perfect' Sebring lap for a 993...