Sponsored by:

Open wheel racing in China

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open wheel racing in China

Although this is slightly off topic, I think it is probably something that most Rennlisters would be interested in.

A Minnesota kid (OK, he's 25 so he's probably no longer a kid), Noah Arundel, has moved to Shanghai to help bring open wheel racing to China. Noah's Dad, Dave, is a PCA member and formerly raced a GT5 914 and a G class 911SC in PCA club racing. More recently Dave has been vintage racing in a variety of cars, including a Lotus 23B and a Chevron one off.

Noah decided he wanted to get more involved in racing after high school. As the family doesn't have deep enough pockets to fund him as a driver (plus Noah isn't the prototypical jockey sized driver most teams now like), he decided to get involved on the mechanic end. He apprenticed with the Jim Russell school, and since then has worked for several race teams and race shops, including Jim Oppenheimer's vintage race group and Johnson Autosport in Minnesota.

Noah is now in China. I got the following email from him yesterday:

As most of you know I moved to Shanghai August 11 to help bring open wheel racing to China. I have been hired along with a couple more Americans by CFRacing and Vesta Motorsport, the Chinese company's that are organizing the series and building the cars to come over and oversee the construction and development of the cars as well as train the Chinese mechanics and act as a crew chief during race weekends to assure all the cars run smoothly. I am pleased to report that despite the resent terrorist threats, I made it to Shanghai in one piece.

Pictures:

I have a photo album set up on line so you can see all the goings on here in Shanghai.

The link is http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/noahar...JmBXFBGo0CvEoR

My Blog:

I have a Blog set up so you can keep updated if you don’t feel like contacting me directly. That link is http://noahswords.blogspot.com/

Its going to be fun following this young guy chasing his dream and experiencing life experiences far different than most of us.

Bruce
Old 08-22-2006, 12:59 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the shoe chock on pic 32.

Quick Reply: Open wheel racing in China