Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA hit with $250K judgment

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006 | 04:34 PM
John Brown
Instructor

Originally Posted by kurt M
... There are many reasons you don’t bang the cute wife that lives up the street. ...
How did this get in there anyway? Give me 3 good reasons and the 1st 10 don't count.

Pam Anderson indeed. Now, Annette Funicello ... - "Hey Marty, lets you an me and Annette take a spin in this 908." "Fine idea Spin, soon as I finish my wine"
Old 08-30-2006 | 06:05 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

So is the PCA gonna go after the 2 guys now?

They should own up to their actions or be completely banned from the club.

I don't car how nice & friendly they are... If I did something that stupid I would fully expect to be expelled from the club.
Old 08-30-2006 | 06:19 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

The opinion has also been posted at the Isaac link noted on the previous page.
Old 08-30-2006 | 07:16 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
So is the PCA gonna go after the 2 guys now?

They should own up to their actions or be completely banned from the club.

I don't car how nice & friendly they are... If I did something that stupid I would fully expect to be expelled from the club.
Being banned from the club is no big deal -- I am more concerned about the driver being held accountable for the $250,000.00 in damages that occurred while being an idiot and taking someone else's with a very rare and historic racecar and wrapping it around a utility pole.

The two idiots involved need to ante up. (IMHO, based on the facts I've read about the case, they are both at fault - the shop owner for allowing the car to be driven, and the driver for, well driving the car.) That is the only course of action PCA should take, and I believe that is the action they are currently pursuing. Banning or expelling him from a club won't help pay the club's fine or the club's laywer's fees, or the other expenses incurred due to this fiasco.
-Z-man.

Last edited by Z-man; 08-31-2006 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2006 | 09:31 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

^^ I concur.
Old 08-31-2006 | 12:11 PM
butzip
Burning Brakes

Seems a lot of people mis-understand my point of view as letting them off because they're nice guys. I actually don't suggest that @ all. I also don't remember saying anything one way or another about being expellled from the club. Being expelled from the club is totally insignificant considering what happened.
I just figured you fine folks would appreciate further info from someone who knows them and was there iso endless speculation and bashing.

Brgds, Peter
Old 08-31-2006 | 03:20 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

What speculation? 99% of the comments, opinions and conclusions in this thread, which is only one of many online regarding this event were based on the clear court based facts presented. The actions of the two in question will have far reaching effects in our club and hobby. This will be their legacy like it or not.
Old 08-31-2006 | 03:43 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

The past history of those guys is totally irrelevant. Fact is, their unmitigated stupidity seriously damaged PCA. Even if PCA recovers the $250k, it'll cost probably that much or more in legal bills to do so. The ONLY way these guys could ever redeem themselves is to take responsibility and pay back the $250k to PCA without a legal fight. Safe to say that won't happen.

I stand by my conclusion that these guys are Boozer F**ktards.
Old 08-31-2006 | 10:42 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

^^ I once met someone who put it ever so eloquently:

"You can sleep with a million gorgeous playboy bunnies, but you bang just one dude, and everyone calls you a ***."

Same situation here: They may be the nicest, coolest guys ever... hell i'd probably get along with them like best friends... but you make one fatal mistake like that, and it brands you forever!
Old 09-01-2006 | 12:41 AM
Racerrob
Rennlist Member

I read the decision. Based on the case law, the Judge had no real choice. Collins and Swanson are jointly and severally liable with PCA for the amount. Collins is married and his wife was dismissed from the suit so assuming that he owns everything jointly with her, forget about collecting from him. Swanson would have to have substantial assets for PCA to collect and even then he would likely file bankruptcy. It looks like PCA is stuck with the judgement. I dont know if the PCA insurance policy covers this type of issue or if they will now try to get out of it. Amazing the trouble a couple of idiots can cause.

Quick Reply: PCA hit with $250K judgment