Sponsored by:

Mosport Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 10:29 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mosport Video

Does anyone have a good video of Mosport?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

http://www.davidfarmerracing.com/video.html
Old 08-21-2006, 10:58 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

THANKS GREG!

Labor Day weekend will be my first time there
Old 08-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

No problem. Have a safe weekend.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:10 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There's also a video on the UCR website of Rick Bey demonstrating both, the dry and wet lines around the track.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:38 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

Whoaa! Is 3-4-5 a sphincter section or what? can you go flat from 3->5?
Old 08-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pat...I talked to a couple of people who said they could go flat through 4 but I could not...I needed a light brake w/ left foot depending on how good of a run I had coming out of 3. My E car ('88 951S) needed just a bit of weight shift to make the turn in to 4 but as soon as you have that it's right back on the throttle.

You'll love the track - have fun & be safe. Turns 2 and 4 are an absolute blast and there is a lot of speed to be gained there once you have the feel for those turns (and have the *****...I'm still working on both!)

One suggestion...if you go to the UCR PCA web page there is a Driver's Ed handbook that has a helpful section on the track.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:06 AM
brucegre
Banned

Flat from 3 to 5, well, I think I can, but my cojones seem to say different.

In my Cup car, I used to take it in 4th all the way from the front straight until braking for 5a. In my search to get faster I started running out of 4th in the chute between 3 and 4, so now I use 5th. I could keep it flat in 4th, but I can't in 5th. Yet.

You'll have to see what the car likes once you are there. My only advice, if you're going to lift, do it before turn in for 4, because a lift after that will cost you a car and maybe more. If you go in too hot, just stay with it, chances are you'll get through fine and just mess up 5a a bit.

BTW, same advice for 2.

Have fun,
Bruce
Old 08-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by brucegre
Flat from 3 to 5, well, I think I can, but my cojones seem to say different.

In my Cup car, I used to take it in 4th all the way from the front straight until braking for 5a. In my search to get faster I started running out of 4th in the chute between 3 and 4, so now I use 5th. I could keep it flat in 4th, but I can't in 5th. Yet.

You'll have to see what the car likes once you are there. My only advice, if you're going to lift, do it before turn in for 4, because a lift after that will cost you a car and maybe more. If you go in too hot, just stay with it, chances are you'll get through fine and just mess up 5a a bit.

BTW, same advice for 2.

Have fun,
Bruce
I love Mosport Turn 4. Here is a picture of me there last year when I took it flat out but I was just a little bit off my mark.

Believe it or not I didn't get in the grass and kept the car on the track the whole time. Luck was on my side that day.

As for how to attack Turn 4 there really isn't a big science there. Hold on for the ride! Just kidding. Remember there is a small bump a couple feet off the apex that will upset the car if you hit it. To take it flat out you have to look ahead and know the car is going to slide more. Turn the car in just a tick early, keep your eyes as far ahead as possible, keep the same steering arc, straddle the bump, and let the car do all the work. It can be done but you really have to prepare yourself mentally for it.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:57 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Main thing is, even if you don't go over the crests at 2 and 4 without lifting, be sure to DRIVE the car down the hills, not coast it. Coasting down is like a trailing-throttle situation.

Quick Reply: Mosport Video