Sponsored by:

Brumos Porsche Oktoberfast at Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I am probably flying to Orlando also. Much easier to do a direct flight and drive an hour or so to Daytona that sit in Atlanta for 4 or 5 hours. I think it is 75 or 80 miles from Orlando airport to Daytona speedway.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:24 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greg,
Great. See you there.

Mike,
Where did you find the enduro groups. That'll suck if the C cars are in the fast group. I'll have to weld my doors shut to keep them from getting blown off.

Jim
Old 08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Once you're registered, it shows that on your "My events" page -- you click on the roster space on the extreme right
Old 08-15-2006, 06:45 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give yourself 1.5 hrs from the airport to the track via 528/I-95 at a casual pace. Of course, the locals will be taking the back roads (415) with the V1 on--45 minutes max.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:15 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JimB
Greg,
Great. See you there.

Mike,
Where did you find the enduro groups. That'll suck if the C cars are in the fast group. I'll have to weld my doors shut to keep them from getting blown off.

Jim
I feel that way for Road America's race where it appears GTC1 and C are in with the "big boys". I prefer when GTC1 cars are in with the "stock" cars. A GTC1 car is about the speed of a good C car.

(Btw, I was finally able to register for the Daytona race, don't know what changed.)

214 registered for the race and registration has been open <24 hours!

Anyone know Tom McGlynn? I see him signed up in GTC1 with a USA Cup. I was wondering if he is a Rennlister...
Old 08-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

Yeah, that guy Chris Alvarado is a real jerk. He snuck in but I hear he got booted!
==========================

My apologies on the site issues this morning. The site was only down for short while but all is well now. Do keep in mind that when using the registration site some company firewalls will keep you from accessing the site as it uses the equivalent of cookies.

I must say I was very much impressed with registration. The first minute alone received 10 registrants and it was up to just under 70 in less than 15 minutes. Even Road America didn't fill up that fast. Very nice. For those who are new to this particular registration system here is the 30 second description. I coded the entire site from scratch and it made its debut in October '05 with the Lone Star Region in Texas. It has enjoyed amazing success with the regions and for that I am very grateful. My services are donated free of charge to all PCA regions. As drivers, if you have any suggestions for improvement feel free to let me know.

Thank you for using the site,

Chris Alvarado
owner, ClubRegsitration.net
Hill Country Region Registrar
Old 08-15-2006, 10:21 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

I signed up tonight. Hopefully will be in (I already have a room!)
Old 08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
racer914
Intermediate

The Daytona Beach Airport is a full service airport and handles all size aircraft. Orlando is about an hour away and Jacksonville is about an hour and a half away and those two could vary an hour depending on time of day and traffic.

None of the groups will be set until we see the mix of cars in each class and equalize them into run groups...the groups should stay the same for all the races including the enduros.

We did have a slight database error this morning on the registration website but it was fixed in fairly short order. I hope everyone found the process painless. Thanks to all for registering...we are planning a great weekend.

Dave
Old 08-15-2006, 11:10 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Hey Chris, thanks for all the unrecognized work you do for the Region and for us PCA track folk, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Chris Alvarado
Yeah, that guy Chris Alvarado is a real jerk. He snuck in but I hear he got booted!
==========================

My apologies on the site issues this morning. The site was only down for short while but all is well now. Do keep in mind that when using the registration site some company firewalls will keep you from accessing the site as it uses the equivalent of cookies.

I must say I was very much impressed with registration. The first minute alone received 10 registrants and it was up to just under 70 in less than 15 minutes. Even Road America didn't fill up that fast. Very nice. For those who are new to this particular registration system here is the 30 second description. I coded the entire site from scratch and it made its debut in October '05 with the Lone Star Region in Texas. It has enjoyed amazing success with the regions and for that I am very grateful. My services are donated free of charge to all PCA regions. As drivers, if you have any suggestions for improvement feel free to let me know.

Thank you for using the site,

Chris Alvarado
owner, ClubRegsitration.net
Hill Country Region Registrar
Old 08-15-2006, 11:40 PM
bmoore
Instructor

I would just like to second what Kevin said about Chris and his work on the registration website. I really appreciate the effort. It is nice to have all the car information already in the system and quickly select the event and signup. Great work Chris.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:43 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Holy crap. I went thru part of the registration process and figured by the time I paid the entry fee, enduro fee, rv and garage, I'd have to rob 2 liquor stores in each state I had to tow thru to get there. I may just fly down and watch you guys have all the fun.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:28 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
I feel that way for Road America's race where it appears GTC1 and C are in with the "big boys". I prefer when GTC1 cars are in with the "stock" cars. A GTC1 car is about the speed of a good C car.

(Btw, I was finally able to register for the Daytona race, don't know what changed.)

214 registered for the race and registration has been open <24 hours!

Anyone know Tom McGlynn? I see him signed up in GTC1 with a USA Cup. I was wondering if he is a Rennlister...
Last year C and GTC1 were at the top of the heap. I still watch your video of the first lap of the RA enduro from time to time. This year it looks like we'll be bringing up the rear. It gives us a new challenge. How many GTC3 cup cars can we beat?

Tom is a MN guy and the former owner (maybe still part owner) of Jongbloed Wheels. He's been racing for years and has done the 12 hr at Sebring and 24 at Daytona a few times. I think he did a couple of IMSA races last year. Here's a great guy. Look him up if you get a chance.

See you in a couple weeks.
Jim
Old 08-16-2006, 02:42 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by bmoore
I would just like to second what Kevin said about Chris and his work on the registration website. I really appreciate the effort. It is nice to have all the car information already in the system and quickly select the event and signup. Great work Chris.
And another voice.

Thanks Chris. That was unbelievably simple to register. I didn't make the first ten, I think I was in the first forty, after five minutes. A great system. I bet susan shire likes it too
Old 08-16-2006, 12:40 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

How much to get in and watch?
Old 08-17-2006, 12:30 AM
racer914
Intermediate

Watchin' is free and if you want to work it you even get some more free stuff. Volunteer sign up will be on the race website at www.pcadaytonarace.com

Dave

Quick Reply: Brumos Porsche Oktoberfast at Daytona