Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered a new race suit!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:58 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Anders, this suit is cool. Can you give more details on the process working with Stand 21 to do this? I'm reading their website and it talks about emroidery minimums of 6, etc., which I assume you are not doing (only one suit).
Old 08-13-2006, 06:19 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Anders, this suit is cool. Can you give more details on the process working with Stand 21 to do this? I'm reading their website and it talks about emroidery minimums of 6, etc., which I assume you are not doing (only one suit).
Jupe, I only ordered one suit..

The process for me was to call Peter in Stockholm, head over there to feel the qualities and decide what I want. Then we took 8-9 measurements that anyone should be able to do and entered the measurements on the printed sheet. Everything was exactly like Peter told me and looking back I could have just ordered it all over the phone/e-mail.

On the website there is a section with pictures of suites, it is a bit misleading that not all models (ST3000 for example) are there for all suits but I was told that I could pick any one. Then I choose the colours for the different sections (it's clickable) and had a friend do the graphics. I was told that I could use any pictures/graphics I wanted and they'll stitch it on the suit. I got the impression that almost all suits they sell are one-offs.

I can highly recommend contacting Stand21 in Sweden, very good to deal with and very high quality. If you want to contact them directly PM me for their info.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:08 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sweanders
Jupe, I only ordered one suit..

The process for me was to call Peter in Stockholm, head over there to feel the qualities and decide what I want. Then we took 8-9 measurements that anyone should be able to do and entered the measurements on the printed sheet. Everything was exactly like Peter told me and looking back I could have just ordered it all over the phone/e-mail.

On the website there is a section with pictures of suites, it is a bit misleading that not all models (ST3000 for example) are there for all suits but I was told that I could pick any one. Then I choose the colours for the different sections (it's clickable) and had a friend do the graphics. I was told that I could use any pictures/graphics I wanted and they'll stitch it on the suit. I got the impression that almost all suits they sell are one-offs.

I can highly recommend contacting Stand21 in Sweden, very good to deal with and very high quality. If you want to contact them directly PM me for their info.
Very cool. I kept clicking around and found the color-it-yourself window. One could spend hours clicking on that. It makes you want to have 10 different suits, too! "This would be cool, so would this..."
Old 08-13-2006, 11:39 AM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had my suit custom made by them....expensive yet worth it for the st3000 as you can feel it breathing even while driving....very quick drying time on the hanger and the stretch material is very nice and light. Makes my old sparco feel like a 3 layer winter quilt!
Old 09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Updated with a picture in the first post!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:46 AM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 66 Posts

Wow, awesome!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:02 PM
cr207
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great, but can someone give us an idea of what this costs, at least a range. Are we talking $1500, more/less?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:09 PM
tchandler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sweanders
I just took the plunge and orderd myself a new race suit, an ST3000 made to measure form Stand21.

I had help from testarossa_td here on the forum to make the design, what do you guys think of it?

Edit: Pic of the suit IRL. Fits great!

Ha, my wife saw me reading this and said, " is that the guys way of asking, does this suite make mu butt look big?"
Old 09-13-2006, 06:19 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Originally Posted by cr207
looks great, but can someone give us an idea of what this costs, at least a range. Are we talking $1500, more/less?
More.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 PM
bravocharlie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand21 USA

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Stand21 has a USA representative outside of Atlanta. I'm in the process of ordering a suit.

Stand21 USA

Quick Reply: Just ordered a new race suit!