Sponsored by:

Mid O Curbs ...not so high any more

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006 | 10:43 AM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

Default no more curbs

Hey Chris/Mark,

I was there that weekend too. Friday was fun changing wet to dry conditions. Turned my best time there so far 1:41. I really enjoyed talking to Tommy Burns, EFR, and Dave Roush about the track. They were NOT in favor of the new curbing and frankly asked MO not to do it in the first place. Perhaps something to do with ALMS wanting to keep drivers from cheating the corners.

It was strange that only the 2nd apex of turn 3 was gone on Sat. But then Sunday they were all gone. Did not like that they did it over night. The morning conditions were bad. Really wet from the concrete saws and all of the cars were caked with the old curbing.

I will say that now you can really change your apexing. Esp. places like turn 13 where you can just cut right over it and really hual the mail. There was not much grip on Sun. so hard to say how much faster it will be.

Mark- Chuck and I had Randy Pobst drive our cars in the wet on Sat. That was eye-opening to say the least. Fast hands and big ***** into brake zones

C
Old 08-01-2006 | 11:19 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yes indeed.. I heard all about how Randy almost lost it in Eric's EVO (he forgot that his RS had no ABS... but being the amazing driver that he is, was able to recover it despite missing the apex entirely)

Quick Reply: Mid O Curbs ...not so high any more