Sponsored by:

Two great days at LRP with NNJR

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts
Default Two great days at LRP with NNJR

Amazing that we had two days in a row but we did! Was great seeing a lot of familiar faces, had a bunch of fantastic runs.

Colin, was good meeting you. I really wanted to try and get you out for a ride with me the 2nd day but just didn't get to it. Maybe next time I will search you out a little earlier.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:44 PM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

F*#k Lime Rock Park.

I got flagged both days by the "noise police". Tried a "down pipe". Tried stuffing a preferated aluminum can into the down pipe. Still too loud according to whomever (not really sure who).

At least I had some fun instructing a good student in an older SC. Almost 30 years old and still a very cool car on the track!

BTW Gary, your car looked terrific too.

Last edited by richard glickel.; 07-09-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:21 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richard glickel.
I got flagged both days by the "noise police". Tried a "down pipe". Tried stuffing a perfurated aluminum can into the down pipe. Still too loud according to whomever (not really sure who).

At least I had some fun instructing a good student in an older SC. Almost 30 years old and still a very cool car on the track!

It was pretty weird... apparently they blacked flagged a dead stock 993. I heard they we allowing 94 or so on the first day, but dropped it to 90 on the second. Seemed very random as to who got it and who didn't. I'm good as long as they dont measure the SPL inside my car.

The track seemed bumpier than I remeber it from last year, the downhil in particular. I still love that place, but I have to admit, its getting harder to.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by richard glickel.
F*#k Lime Rock Park.

I got flagged both days by the "noise police". Tried a "down pipe". Tried stuffing a perfurated aluminum can into the down pipe. Still too loud according to whomever (not really sure who).

IIRC, the track staff, stationed at the EMT station at Pit Out, are responsible for making the noise measurements. They report their results to the DE chair and the flaggers are told to issue the black flag.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:35 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I was BF'd twice for noise, once Friday and once today (Saturday). The chief told me to keep running, so I did and finished the weekend. Who they caught for noise was very random.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did all runs with the exact same equipment and driving, yet was fine on Friday (they were out measuring twice), but was supposedly over during one run this morning. Then I was fine the remainder of the day. I have found that amongst a number of variables, a big one is who is operating the equipment. This morning, the guy was calling in so many cars that they only Black flagged those who were in the high 90s, then made a list of those over 90 and one the Chiefs came around and told us of our transgressions. Among the 11 cars listed in the first Red run today along with me was a 964 Turbo with a stock muffler! Some of us began tracking the guy's movements and trying to report his location, but he kept moving around the track.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe they should have a nnjr member tag along with the sound guy next time, firstly to verify the results, and then to make sure that he's making the right call based on the equipment listed on the signup sheets -- calling Jupeman in was crazy??? Im guessing but was the turbo 38D? I couldn't believe the number of red run group being warned for sound issues.

The GT sounded very cool around the track, lucky Craig got to drive it for a few laps.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:37 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The weather was great and was nice to meet a few new rennlisters in person.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 172 Posts

I agree that the decibel calls were insane! They BF'd two bone stock 996 Turbo's also, something was nuts with the sound reader or they were measureing groups of cars.

Richard - sorry I somehow missed you. I was being shuffled around in the NNJ groups and can never seem to make it into their Black group...

Dr. Jupe - I saw your car and knew I recognized it, sorry I didn't come over and meet with you.

Bob (Bull) - I saw you and apologize for not coming over but I was afraid you may want to ride with me (to teach the un-teachable) in my little 178HP SC.... ..
would have to have her rebalanced!

I was easy to find, she was the yellow car with the (very) talkative Hoosiers in the S's...

Z-Man - Sorry to make youe female friend go dig for her wristband... I was on a power trip!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:49 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 830 Likes on 417 Posts

I got black flagged twice for noise. On friday, my sound level was an alleged 98 db. With my turbo and my muffler, I had never been over 90 at LR before. Really made me question the measurements.

Anyway, it was a fun 2 days. It was also good to meet a bunch of 'listers.

Gary, you definitely looked quick out there. Time to come race and try to catch Bill & Mike .
Old 07-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually, I was talking about the ex-Jupeman Turbo 3.6 that the new owner was running with a stock muffler. BTW, we had a similar problem last year at one of our two LR events, where there were so many "offenders" that they stopped pulling us in and covered those on the list after the run.

As was said, it was a great event with two days of great weather!

Gary, people usually pay me to ride with their competition.........Your car looked great on the track as usual, and I never got the time to look to see where you were in the paddock.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:11 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Default couple of pics

Couple of pics

Last edited by Jerseybean; 08-19-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:12 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Dr. Jupe - I saw your car and knew I recognized it, sorry I didn't come over and meet with you.
Gary, no worries, I was spying on you fro mmy vantage point at the end of the paddock. 38D and I have taken up parking there everytime we go to Lime Rock. I had good views of you schooling folks in Big Bend.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:19 AM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Default ..

Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2006, 12:03 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW, I haven't been to LR in 2 yrs and am I seeing things or is the paddock paved?

Quick Reply: Two great days at LRP with NNJR