Sponsored by:

ALMS @ Lime Rock

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
My favorite moment was a TV interview with a GT2 driver in a Cup car, holding down the mic button and talking to the announcers as he drove around Big Bend and thru to No Name.......just a casual conversation.
That was not just any GT2 driver, that was Patrick Long! He's one of the six Porsche factory drivers. That in itself makes him a super stud in my book, but here's the kicker: at the age of 22 (he'll be 25 later this month) he became a Porsche factory driver and he's from the good 'ol U.S. of A.! He won the GT2 driver's championship last year and drove in the RS Spyders at Sebring. He'll be back in them for the Petit Le Mans later in the year.

Patrick Long, our American Porsche star!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:42 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I remember seeing an interview with him a few years ago, he looked 15 but you could see greatness in his eyes. Apparently it was obvious to others too!
Old 07-03-2006, 06:44 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 556 Likes on 355 Posts

Patrick is nice guy but all the members of the Petersen Motorsports/ White Lightning racing team are as nice.
I'm really happy with the result of this race. The bad luck seems to be over at last.

More information about this team's race here.

I enjoy working for this team every year in Le Mans. I only do the panelling and time keeping but I spend a nice week every time.

Samuel
Old 07-03-2006, 11:47 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

I heard the announcers talking about their new car:

The No. 31 Petersen Motorsports/White Lightning Porsche 911 GT3 RSR has four races under its belt in Porsche Cup competition. The team purchased the car and took delivery Monday when the crew began to diligently change parts.

Was it really a stock GT3 cup before Monday, and they made it into an RSR??? Who's cup car was it? (I have not seen mine in a few weeks so a little worried)
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dr - great pics!!
What kind of equipment are you using, and what kind of lens? Looks like you used a polarized filter in your shots? For un-photoshopped, I am extremely impressed...wow!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
dmw44
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If memory serves correct, the announcers said the car was purchased from a California racer named Randy West. Porsche NA convinced him to sell the car and he agreed if they paid him "fair market value". Bergmeister is leading the driver's points in GT2, so it was important to Porsche to find him a car. I believe they said there were something like 3 original parts on the car...
Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by volpenyc
Dr - great pics!!
What kind of equipment are you using, and what kind of lens? Looks like you used a polarized filter in your shots? For un-photoshopped, I am extremely impressed...wow!
Canon 20D with Canon 70-200 f2.8/L IS lens. No polarizing filter. The only "Aperturing" (www.apple.com/aperture, no Photoshop) that was done in the 2nd set of pics was cropping on the Panoz and the Aston v. Corvette shots.

Thanks for the kind words on the pics. Taking pictures has become my hobby within a hobby.

Here's the White Lightning car that dmw44 is referring to:

Old 07-03-2006, 01:15 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Gorgeous RSR!! They really made it look great in such a short time. I see quite a few original parts on it still, of course the tub is the main thing and I think they got the freshest tub available. That will be one of the last 996 RSRs ever made, the end of a very successful era.

Quick Reply: ALMS @ Lime Rock