Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our new North Texas track... Eagle's Canyon

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 01:43 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Toby, it was a pleasure meeting you. I really want to thank Steve and Jay for giving us the early preview. Amazing......

I'm just disappointed I overheated the brakes on the truck. I wanted to do more laps!!!

Kevin, my first guess would be in the mid 40's. Glen may be in 30's.

G.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:16 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George A
I'm just disappointed I overheated the brakes on the truck. I wanted to do more laps!!!
Yeah, they were definitely smoking. I think its time for a Big Red Brake upgrade on your truck.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:23 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin,
I don't know but we are going to be flying in a couple of spots Lots of blind stuff & some off camber as well. Let me know when you are coming up here again so I can get you out there to check it out!
Old 11-26-2006, 10:14 AM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay shoot me an email next time you go out i would love to tag along with you guys
Old 11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Greg, I was using Hawk HPS's!!! I guess it takes more to stop 5600lbs?!?! You are right, all I need are the big red's and some dubs. Although it would look a little strange for a 4x4. BTW, I still can't get the smile off my face. I can't wait to drive it in my car. Hope to see you on the track soon (this one of course).

G.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Chris,
Will do. Should be fully paved & ready for a real look by mid-December.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:38 AM
JayP
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
JW

So this isn't following the Country Club business model?

That has to be the only track under planning/construction right now that isn't.

The guys who run Autobahn CC outside Chicago say there are close to 200 in concept, planning, development or construction around the country. They get calls literally every day from developers who want to pump them for info.
East of Dallas is Racer's Ranch- another country-club based track. They're on an aggressive schedule to have the 2 circuits ready in the first half of 2007. Road improvements, lots and utilities for the residential area are to start asap.

I could see over 200 in some sort of development stage. Not including the RR, MSR or Eagle's Canyon, there have been at least 3 or 4 other attempts for a road race course in the DFW area. Some had a rough cut, others were on paper.

Private tracks will get real popular when the masses ban gas-engines and yellow air cars rule the road.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:53 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Just got back from a quick trip out to EC. Track surface is now fully paved 3 lanes wide! Next is the curbing, pit lane, parking, etc. Talked to David & he thinks first real event will be mid-late Feb., ballpark.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:17 AM
svochuck
Instructor

Jay
How about Drivers edge in Jan ??? I'm planning on coming down for that. Steve it's GREAT to see you in that picture!

chuck
Old 12-03-2006, 01:28 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

I must be a total idiot. I drove out there last Monday and could not find it. Then again, I didn't have the address with me (work truck, figured why not, go for a look)

I did send an e-mail to Linda about doing any help I could during/after opening, on a volunteer basis just to be involved. I'll go back out there in the next few weeks to introduce myself and check the place out.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Mike K.
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
Just got back from a quick trip out to EC. Track surface is now fully paved 3 lanes wide! Next is the curbing, pit lane, parking, etc. Talked to David & he thinks first real event will be mid-late Feb., ballpark.
Linda called last night and said it would probably be more like Mid-March. She was talking about a third coat of asphalt? The girlfriend talked to her so I'm getting this second hand.

Last edited by Mike K.; 12-03-2006 at 05:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Our new North Texas track... Eagle's Canyon