Sponsored by:

SUPERCHARGED 911 RACE CAR - PICTURES

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Flat Top
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SUPERCHARGED 911 RACE CAR - PICTURES

So here we are. After transplanting a 3.6 supercharged 964 motor which was developed by Cartronics in Germany into our 911 which previously ran with a 2.7 lt engine.

When we did our inintial development (2 years ago) we built the car so that it can handle the power of a much larger engine. Big brakes, stiff chassis etc. At the time we did not know that we will be running this 3.6 lt supercharged motor.

We have not yet measured the eninge hp and torque. I shall keep you posted. With the big engine we had to work on getting more grip on the rear wheels hence the banana wing.

The car is pictured without its front splitter. You will also notice the bonnet with the typical Elephant Racing bonnet scoop.

What more do you want to know? Go to www.almost.co.za

Johan
Attached Images   
Old 05-22-2006, 05:35 AM
JackOlsen
Race Car

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Very nice!
Old 05-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Flat Top
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jack

The unintentional similarities between your car an mine are interesting.

When you run with the big wing on the track how does the handling change compared to running no wing at all? I am interested to find out how the handling will change on my car. My initial thoughs are that without any mods to the car the tendancy will be to understeer especially at speed.

My hope is that I can tune out this understeer by going softer on the front bar and firmer at the rear. I am, however, not sure that this is sufficient to counter the wing effect. I may also have to change to a firmer rear spring. What do you think?

I would also like to know how much you rear springs (ride height) are compressed with the wing?

Regards

Johan

Quick Reply: SUPERCHARGED 911 RACE CAR - PICTURES