Sponsored by:

Hooking up RPM to G2X Data Acquisition

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 12:00 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by kary993
Just use the in car display to set the number of cylinders, this will get your RPM's to read correctly. You are likely not set to the correct numberof cylinders, 4,6,8?
I don't know about G2X, but to get proper RPMs on the DL1, you have to tell it the number of ignition pulses per revolution, which is 3 in a 993.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:50 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
I don't know about G2X, but to get proper RPMs on the DL1, you have to tell it the number of ignition pulses per revolution, which is 3 in a 993.
Different animals.
The DL-1 logs the raw frequency in its .run file. RT Analysis computes RPM based on the pulses per revolution that the user enters in the Vehicle Data.
The Display-1 option is a little sparse. but it seems to be able to display RPM. There must be a way to load the #pulses into the Display-1, but I can't locate documentation on how & where that is done.

The G2X has a display to drive in real time, so it needs to know what factor to apply to the pulses in real time. Rather than ask the user to know the factor, the Gx2 user simply selects the number of cylinders, and the G2X then displays RPM.

Quick Reply: Hooking up RPM to G2X Data Acquisition