Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On my way to Skippy Race Series :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:56 AM
brian J
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On my way to Skippy Race Series :)

I just signed up for the 2 day advanced school in June at LRP which will qualify me for the Race Series proper. I am very excited about it. I did a 3 day racing school last year at LRP(first time on a track) and got the bug bigtime. I was running in the 1.05 minute area the last day of the 3 day school so I would hope to be a bit faster in the better, I am told, RT 2000 cars. The hot shot kids with pro aspirations are in the 57/58 second area at LRP.

My plan this year is to do the 2 LRP race weekends in the novice Sportsman Group, in July and Oct. Cant wait to experience a real race with proper qualifying times etc!. Just wanted to share. For someone like myself who had never been to a track let alone driven a race car untill a year ago this is a big deal Also love this section of Rennlist, alot to be learned from just reading through the old posts here.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:20 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats - you will have a blast. Yes, the advanced cars are quite a bit quicker than the basic cars - you get wings and slicks - not huge grip but way more than the 3 day cars. Plus the cool sequential gearbox. You might also take a look at their advanced car control class - one of the best courses I have seen and is really good at getting your hand speed up where it needs to be for purpose built race cars.

You have gone into the deep end of the pool and will likely never want to come back.

Quick Reply: On my way to Skippy Race Series :)