Sponsored by:

Benefit of tall rear wing on 993?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 01:14 PM
tar6day
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benefit of tall rear wing on 993?

I have a GT2 front and a GT2 rear wing. Would it help to have one of the tall extended wings attached to my GT2 rear wing? Where would I feel the benefit? Where is the best place to buy the wing? The car is a 1997 993 TT and is 100% track car. I know the wing will not be legal in PCA but will be legal in NASA.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:28 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

You are talking about the banana wing. MAShaw and other reputable manufacturers sell them. With the Banana wing you will add rear downforce, but you will need to pair it with an RSR front bumper and spoiler to balance it out. At PCA it will not be legal in stock classes if you are intending to do that. AT PCA unless you run prepared the GT2 wing is not legal either as it was not offered officially by Porsche in the states. If your GT2 rear wing is not adjustable, I would recommend to get an RSCS wing in which the top element is adjustable. That will add downforce if you want or lessen it , depending what balance you want to achieve. The benefit here is that with this wing you can stay prepared at PCA.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Higher wing gives you a clear view out the rearview mirrow. second benefit is its nice to hang your diving suit on to dry out in the sun. I also served sandwiches on mine. SVRA made me take it off which reduced lap time a bit 2:03:9 to 2:03:5 at the glenn same day
Old 03-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Jim @ EuroWerks
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't need the down force , Why run it ?

Quick Reply: Benefit of tall rear wing on 993?