Sponsored by:

Ironclad: Best gloves EVER!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ironclad: Best gloves EVER!

I started out with Mechanix gloves, and they are crap. Holes after 50 hours of work. From there I went to Ringers gloves. MUCH better, but they still have holes after 150 or so hours of work. These Ironclad gloves are AWESOME. They use 3M "Griptec" on the fingers and are made of neoprene. They also have a terry pad for sweat-wiping. I bought the Griptec Advantage off ebay for about $30. Awesome stuff; much higher quality than the others. If you work on your cars, do yourself a favor and get yourself a pair of good gloves. My gloves saved the tip of my thumb from an angle grinder last year, and I haven't worked without them since.

(no affiliation, just really excited about these gloves!)
Old 03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Thanks, I have been buying the white and blue gardening gloves $1.99 and pithing them after the weekend.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

I have Caiman gloves and swear by them. They have several styles, I've used the ones with synthetic leather palms and deer hide palms. They are great and definetely superior to the typical Mechanix golves and are reinforced in the wear areas. I liked them so much that I searched for a local welding shop that had them in stock and gave out 6 pairs to friends for Christmas. I used them every day for five weeks wrenching on heavy machinery and they held up (Mechanix lasted me less than 2 weeks) , I finally tossed them when the finger seam started to separate mostly because they were soaked in anti-sieze and I didn't want to put them in my suitcase. They are about $15 a pair.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Ironclads, they sound nice.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:00 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK Mark, which ones are you using??

Too Many Ironclad Models
Old 03-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts

We've the whole Ironclad line here at CDOC. The Griptec and Wrenchworks are popular. All the Ironclad gloves seem like they are top notch. We've gotten good feedback on them from the race team guys who have bought them from our Trackside vending trailer.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Wreck Me Otter
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark - Is CDOC going to be at the A1GP at Laguna Seca next weekend?

Quick Reply: Ironclad: Best gloves EVER!