Sponsored by:

944 spec comes to PCA Club racing!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Carreracup,

East coast rules allow for a greater variety of cars (I and H, and ITS equalizized by weight), and this may be a legal mod in ITS.

However, if you win 3 races in a season - you're on the dyno. If you exceed the HP limit for the series, you have the choice of removing the offending parts, running a restrictor plate, or adding weight.

No cars (to my knowledge) in the last three years have failed a dyno test, which means that either people aren't cheating with the motor, or if they are, they're either not winning and/or wasting money.

Important to note that 944 racing comes in a variety of flavors - if you want to race your 944 , there are lots of spec options out there. Nothing like having 23 944 cup/supercup cars racing in a driving snowstorm yesterday at VIR.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Tim Comeau
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt,
I don't see it as east coast or west coast.
"...944 racing comes in a variety of flavors... " I agree with you on that.
944 Cup is ok and 944 spec is ok. They're just different concepts from the beginning. 944 spec doesn't try to equalize different car models with weight or anything else. We start with the same model to ensure equal cars and that's the single biggest selling factor for this class. VIR looks like a great, fun track from what I've seen on TV.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim, where do you get the white delrins? Paragon? Joe, glad you can get them to last. The ones I tried were black, Weltmeister, and they were awful. I will try the whites, thanks for the tip. Stock bushings wiggle too much, but so do broken black ones.

Bill
Old 02-20-2006, 01:15 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill L Seifert
The ones I tried were black, Weltmeister, and they were awful.
Bill

AHH! That is your problem. The black welts suck. I busted the rear caster block on them in 2002. I have use the welt red caster blocks every since. I tore up the red welts where the meet the crossmember and had to switch to the delrins. The combo of delrins on the crossmember and red welts for the caster block has worked like a charm.

I got the white Delrin from Paragon although they were made by Karl at racer's edge. I got the RED welt casterblocks also from paragon.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Tim Comeau
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,
Here's a pic of a race ready steel control arm. Delrins fitted, Red Welt's in, fresh ball joint with paint-marked hardware top and bottom, hole drilled for Welt sway bar drop link.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:14 PM
944Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by richard glickel.
Is there a "supercup" class for 951 & 968?

I'm building a 968 F class car. With a northeast NASA circuit, maybe I can try out the 944 spec.

Richard
The 968 is legal for the Super Cup Class in the 944 Cup. And, there is a NorthEast Chapter for 2006. For more details on the rules, go to www.44cup.com. Please let me know if you have any questions.

DD
Old 02-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, that solves some problems, though the black caster blocks have been on my car since 1995, still look ok, but after that length of time, it is time for some red ones.

Bill
Old 02-23-2006, 04:53 PM
esscape26
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For those looking for wheels: I have four 15" wheels I'm looking to sell; 87/88s, the shallower offset phone dials. I use them in the rain only and they came with car since original.

We have 2 cars and mine is not going the spec route; maybe the other one, the older one.
E-mail me at esscape26@hotmail.com.
PM
Maryland

Quick Reply: 944 spec comes to PCA Club racing!