Sponsored by:

Paging GT3Cup

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 11:54 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Paging GT3Cup

Do tell about the funny little fiberglass rocket. I just saw you changed your sig so I assume you are going to run the IMSA lite series.

What is different about that car? I would like to run one but not sure schedule will support it. Are you coming to Kansas in October (I live within an hour of the track)?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:49 PM
gt3cup
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Mark,

Yes, it looks as if I am going to run the IMSA series as well as as much SCCA as possible. The major changes in the car occur from the fuel cell rearward. West has developed a Universal engine cradle that should stiffen things up substantially, not to mention allowing the use of multiple powerplant configurations. I think the coolest change is in the motors themselves though. No more salvaged stuff! West cut a deal with Muzzy to use their massaged new-from-factory Kawasaki ZX-10R race motor. In D class that gives you 190+ reliable hp in a car that only weighs 800#! I'm not sure how much weight IMSA is going to want added for the class but I'm pretty sure it will still be a better PTW ratio than in the CSR I just sold. I'm just hoping everything comes together for the kick-off at the 12 hrs.

Will you be at the Sprints?

Mark
Old 12-31-2005, 03:16 PM
gt3cup
Instructor

Mark,

I'm sure you already have this but just in case...

www.westracecars.com

Old 12-31-2005, 03:36 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very cool about the new series.

I almost did the cradle conversion to my car, but the transport deal fell through and I found a pair of R1's at a good price, so one more year in this config. I am sure you know how reluctant all the MC mfg's ahve been about selling crate motors so that is a major coup for Muzzy to pull that deal together. I have seen the West website - good stuff.

I Assume you are familiar with this spot?
DSR Forum

I am hoping to do the Sprints this year.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:52 PM
gt3cup
Instructor

Yep, familiar with the sports racer boards. As I am pretty new to the SR community, I have done alot of lurking to get my bearings.

We should shoot for a mini Rennlist get together @ the Sprints. RA is my home track and I am considering running the Cup as well if the schedule allows. (unless one of you guys out there pulls the trigger on it first )

Quick Reply: Paging GT3Cup