Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barber lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Sean, I know Bill M. but have never been to Eurasian.

I've always taken the line in two as you describe, but a racer went out with me the week before trackquest and suggested that I try hugging the inside line in 2 as is demonstrated in the video. He suggested this for two reasons, one is that the further you move out from the inside edge, the less camber you have on the track. The second reason is to keep people from passing on the inside. (By the way, I instruct my students to take the the outside/in line in two, not the hug the inside as in the video)

Currently I'm only running DE's both instructing and driving. I've been cleared to race with the PBOC when they return in Feb. I still have to get my cage finished and some other safety equipment installed before then.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
944racer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, well I will try to make it out there in February, hope to see you there!!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:15 PM
J3
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pinched the inside line in T2 for the most part, but you had to throttle steer through most of the sweeper to balance the understeer / oversteer threshold. For the school line it's best to go deeper into T2, then upon turn in have a single turning input as you slowly open up the wheel through T3. Don't forget that there is then the fast line, and then the race line - all three being pretty distinctive and partially contingent on the car.

On a side note, do you all know who was taking photos this weekend? I saw the trailer out there, but failed to see what kind of results they had. I could use some new professional photos of me on track, so I'd like to see what they grabbed of me that weekend.

Quick Reply: Barber lines