Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shenandoah Rocks!

Old 10-31-2005, 09:52 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IIRC J.C. is intended to be a training track and is made up of turns that are not "right" or honest. Personally I dislike it and only run on it when instructing for free.

According to Bill Scott the idea behind the SC was to negate HP and modern suspension advantages and reward drivers that place the car where it is supposed to be and when it is supposed to be there. Tony is right, there were a LOT of naysayers that discounted and maligned the track before it was even finished. I have to admit I thought it was going to be a hard track to instruct on and I was wrong.
Bill Scott has been good about listening to the drivers suggestions and has acted on them where appropriate. The track continues to improve as time goes by. I have a comicaly low HP car and love this track too. You 944 guys moaning about the 120 HP make me jealous. I can run with or pass many cars that blow by me at Summit, the Glen or MO.

Thanks for the southern hospitably comment, I like to think there really is something to it all on all. Be nice to us locals and we will be nice back and I am not taking dueling banjos kind of nice ether! The only squealing around here is the tires even if you do have a “purdy mouth”.
There is lots of speed in this track still to be squeezed out and there are lots of little nuances to be learned. We share if asked…
I too am real glad to have it as a local track. We in the Potomac area are now flooded with DE track time and can get into an event on almost any weekend.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:20 AM
tntporsche
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M

Thanks for the southern hospitably comment, . . . . We share if asked…
NNJR had a lot of help from the locals . . . there were four local instructors, in particular, who came out just to help us learn the track. Their help was invaluable. I don't want to post names on the internet . . . they know who they are . . . and I truly hope they know how very much we appreciated their help. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2005, 11:42 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tntporsche
NNJR had a lot of help from the locals . . . there were four local instructors, in particular, who came out just to help us learn the track. Their help was invaluable. I don't want to post names on the internet . . . they know who they are . . . and I truly hope they know how very much we appreciated their help. Thanks!
The locals are terrific!

I took two of "the local" instructors out with me to help show me the way. Both were terrific and had some good advise to give me.

Two of "the locals" were assigned to the tech line. (I was running the morning techs) They were the first ones there, read to work! And work they did! Man, if your brake pads were less than 51%, they made sure to make mention of it! BTW: ALL of the tech crew did a wonderful job this past weekend - due to the smaller turnout for this event, we only ran one line, so there was a lot of work and the crew was outstanding!

One of the BSR workers we used at our Summit Point event over the summer was back (I believe at Arlene's request). What a great guy - for one thing, he remembered my name from back in June! That's a great memory, and I'm sure he meets a lot of 'helmet hair' people! (But not too many Zoltans I'm sure). Great guy, very helpful, and kept the flaggers/staging/tower all in order!

If you want a taste of southern hospitality, you need not go further than Summit Point, West Virginia!

-Z-man.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:23 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I took a stroll (drive actually) through the Shenandoah paddock on Sunday. Was over on the J.C with NESBA, but was dying to go home and get my car. Who would have thought the weather would be so nice that late in Octoboer.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too enjoyed the Shenandoah track this past weekend. While the first time on a new track is always exciting, stimulating and challenging, I'm not ready to declare it my favorite track. It is an excellent track, facility and group of people. I will definitely return again...and again....

If you have the opportunity, do this track.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Alan Herod
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

OK -- now it is more clear to me who some of you are - thanks to everyone that gave me a ride.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Originally Posted by Alan Herod
OK -- now it is more clear to me who some of you are - thanks to everyone that gave me a ride.
Thank you for showing me some of the trick of driving this track!
-Z.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:11 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I have also enjoyed Shenandoah. We have 5 days there this year and it gets better each time. Like Life Cereal's Mikey used to say....try it you'll like it.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:02 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just did a 5hour marathon track day at Shenandoah with time to pit, gas, check temps and back out on the track. With 6 cars on the track we were able to dissect the track pretty well. Can't find more the 50mph entry into the Karusel with a max g rating of 1.65 on the DAS. Anyone else running DAS seen otherwise in a 993 on MPSC's ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shenandoah Rocks!