Sponsored by:

Calling Bullsh1t on this thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 10:11 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geo
If you go up to a martial arts master and kick him in the *****, you're going to get your *** kicked.
That deserves a quote in Bartlett's
Old 10-21-2005, 10:55 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I usually try to avoid this stuff and I certainly am not going to argue with who knows more, I am going to chime in quickly.

What I have noticed is that this board had a very specific tone to it. There was an assumption that a certain level of respect should be given to those that frequent here. At the same time, if you establish that initial respect and maintain it, people are very open to new ideas or questioning of old ideas. If you crap on the inhabitants they won't appreciate it. Some will just ignore it, some will retaliate. I don't know which is right, but I can understand both.

When CC first jumped on board, I think he got off on the wrong foot by not showing respect to the established inhabitants. He could have posted his assertions without offending anyone. The real shame is that his assertions were great seeds for debate but were lost in his tone.

There was also a period where CC recognized this and attempted to mend it. During that time I think his contributions were great. I'm not saying he was right (I really don't have a damn clue). At some point this "challenge" occurred. I was not present for that so I really don't know what brought it on or who is at fault. It is my opinion that it has no place here. It was not friendly and this is a friendly place (albeit there have been episodes similar to this in the past).

Ultimately, what I would like to see, and I know you are all waiting in anticipation to know my desires, is for CC to stick around, everyone else to stay as well and for the friendly nature of this board to return. I think/hope that CC is capable of this and I think/hope his detractors can as well.

I think this is one of the most informative racing boards on the web. I am a bigger noob than CC, but I feel like I have learned a great deal from the discussions. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Calling Bullsh1t on this thread