Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Data : Max G's for GT3 cup (AIM Pista)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:31 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Data : Max G's for GT3 cup (AIM Pista)

HI,

Put in an AIM Pista system (thanks Glen!) and ran it at Mid Ohio last Friday in practice for the runoffs. I hit 1.2Gs in every corner, more in the keyhole, but that seems low... what do people normally see with a GT3 cup on a track like Mid Ohio?

Also I can't seem to find accel/decel Gs data, I guess it has to be calculated?
I am using the MS3 cpu type for getting data from the car, any tricks to getting better data with AIM appreciated.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:48 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can help. What tires are you runing? 1.2 g's is typical for r-compound and good streets. Slicks are usually 1.3-1.4 g's.

I have e-mailed you a set of equations I use. Put them in your \programfiles\aim\mathchannels directory
Old 09-13-2005, 11:16 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

I run the Michelin slicks. I tried the cup slicks (hard rear, medium front) and the non cup slicks (soft front, medium rear) and they had the same Gs though the softer ones felt stickier.
Thanks for the calculations!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM
andy sanborn
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Mikey:

I see G's of 1.2-1.3 on my car and laure has hit 1.47 at turn 6 on NHIS. Met with a great AIM tech at Road America. He is a direct guy for AIM. David Redszus from Precision Auto Research. He is at Ohio now. Cell is 630.926.6695. By far the best i've talked to.......tell him i said hi. he will come over to your car, down load and set the system up. very sharp

a

now go win one for the North East!! will that make you the only guy in North America to win a National Title in both Solo 1 and Solo 2 in a P-car??

hows the competition look??

andy
Old 09-13-2005, 11:49 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Solo 1 and Solo 2... aren't those autocross classes? RUNOFFS ROAD RACING, gt-2. Big boys. Serious competition from lightweight sunbeam tigers, tube framers and 944s. Looks like Finch isn't going though, but is that his protege listed with the only 944S on the enrty list?
Old 09-13-2005, 11:52 AM
ColorChange
Three Wheelin'

I second the David Redszus vote, smartest man I know in motorsports and a DAS GOD!
Old 09-13-2005, 01:24 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Andy,

Thanks for the note and call, I will try to hook up with David when I get back to Ohio (Isn't that a song?) next week.

p.s. my G readings are suspect, along with all my data, as it showed I have 24654654 HP. Really need David's help to set it up.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Adam@Autometrics
Former Vendor

At the recent Mid Ohio Grand Am race, we pulled consistent/average 1.25-1.3g through a turn. This was obviously on the Grand Am Hoosiers, which are not on par with Dunlop or Michelin slicks. I would expect a solid 1.3g on Michelins.

Different compound tires and even different (slower) drivers in the same car will show only negligible differences in lateral g. Most tires/drivers will carry the same speed in the middle of the turn, but the entry/exit, where you don't use peak lat g, is what separates fast tires/drivers from slower ones.

The simplest way to test a g sensor is to turn it to the ground and see if it reads 1.0 g.
Longitudinal g is typically calculated from wheel speed.

Quick Reply: Data : Max G's for GT3 cup (AIM Pista)