Sponsored by:

Looking for lightweight GT3 cup wheels and hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005 | 06:35 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Default Looking for lightweight GT3 cup wheels and hood

HI,

Alternate wheels and hood are allowed in SCCA GT2.

I think I can save a few pounds per wheel and several or more on the hood (have OEM centerlock only wheels and stock steel hood).

So I would like to maximize my performance for the runoffs. Any leads appreciated, need them soon. Right now I think Fikse and Getty Design are my best bets?
Old 08-28-2005 | 07:46 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yes, talk to Fikse.. I forget which of their wheels is the lightest design possible... but I know one particular one is just a tad lighter than other designs and I don't remember which it is... Profile 10 perhaps.. but I could be wrong...
Old 08-28-2005 | 11:42 PM
Glen
Race Car

Mike, got Your message, been out all day with the Family. Here are the wheels You want. Just order them with the centerlock center instead of 5 lug. The are the Profil 5ms, these are 11.5 and 9.5 by 18, notice they also fit on a NB 993.

http://groups.msn.com/porschenut/por...to&PhotoID=158

You will want the 9's and 11's but have them step them out as far as possible so You get max track width, the Cup really likes that...alternatively just order the magnesium centers from BBS and use Your existing whell halves for a much cheaper option. Using that alternative allows You to keep running them in PCA club race legally as GTC3 although the mag centers are lighter. On the hood just order the carbon fiber 996 hood from MA SHAW or TRG. Should only be 5-600$

Quick Reply: Looking for lightweight GT3 cup wheels and hood