Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miata Dedicated DE Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 12:14 AM
brucegre
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, that's easy - if it's the chief instructor you just hit him to get him out of the way

Right Bob?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 38D
And what do you do if the person not giving you a singal is a chief instructor?
I'd report his *** in a heartbeat. What the hell good is a chief instructor who is not acting responsibly?

A chief instructor should be setting a good example, not a bad one.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:53 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Geo
I'd report his *** in a heartbeat. What the hell good is a chief instructor who is not acting responsibly?
I wouldn't know who to report a Chief Instructor to. Organizing region's DE/Track chair? Track safety marshall/steward? PCA National?

Originally Posted by Geo
A chief instructor should be setting a good example, not a bad one.
I agree. It should not be a 'Do as I say, not as I do' scenario.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
I wouldn't know who to report a Chief Instructor to. Organizing region's DE/Track chair? Track safety marshall/steward? PCA National?
I have to admit ignorance to how PCA DEs are run. I guess you're saying the Chief Instructor is the person who is putting on the event? If so, I'd grab another instructor and report it. That sort of thing simply should not be tolerated. Nobody is above the law. Allowing anyone to get away with it, even a Chief Instructor, is sending a very bad signal and creates a wreck waiting to happen. Maybe not that day. Maybe not that track. Maybe not even that region. But one day one or both people in this sort of scenario are going to do something really stupid and one or both (and perhaps more) are going to pay in a major way. My God, this is just DE. Check your ego at the door.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:33 PM
356wannabe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the '06 Miata idea. It will run forever, need minimum upkeep, will be faster and safer than the older Miatas (much more hp, not that much heavier). The track version probably comes without the soft top so the roll bar will be easy to install. I ran a spec+ Miata for many years and it was as fast at Putnam Park (about the only place I did DE's) as my '03 Evo (Evo on street tires, Miata on race Hoosiers). The only people who wouldn't pull over at DE's were supercharged and turbo charged Miatas, who couldn't believe a 113 hp car was catching their 250 hp cars (They were on street tires, stock suspension and were often track newbies). As far as monitoring your progress as a driver, my times dropped from 1'40's to 1'24" over the 8 years that I ran there. That's progress.

Quick Reply: Miata Dedicated DE Car