Brake duct cooling hose

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake duct cooling hose

What vendor or shop has the best price on the orange or black brake duct cooling hose? Is one better than the other?

This is the last item I need to complete the new brakes/cooling after putting on Big Blacks with cryo treated 993TT rotors and the spindle mounted cooling adaptor on the track car. TIA
Old 08-15-2005, 08:44 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we went and ordered some high temp hose from McMaster Carr (cost about $70 for one car)

..there were several choices and I don't remember exactly which version we went with but it has held up well.. never 'caught fire' even on a 100+ degree day of track use!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just happen to have a McMaster Carr catalog in my office bookshelf.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:45 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure we went with the 800 degree hose... there was 1200 degree as well but it was much more expensive and we figured it is supposed to bring in cooler air so it shouldn't ever get up to 1200 degrees like the actual brake pads...
Old 08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Bret,
Also check Pegasus Racing (Wi) and of all places Ebay. I picked up 12 feet last year for around 30.00. Orange 800 degree will work fine. Did you get the Broadfoot backing plates? If so, you will want to remove the small black bearing shield that has 3 bolts holding it in place (you did not put your hub back on yet did you??) When mounting the duct plates, I put the bearing shields on top of the plates and got lots of rubbing on the hub. Try and keep the hose as straight as possible. I also had to do some sheet metal fab. on the pass. side to get a straight run, while snaking the hose around the front oil cooler, it had too many bends to get clean flow to the rotors. Too bad I just put my front end back on or I would have sent you some pics.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

I was actually trying to find a better price than Pegasus..LOL! I'll look on the "ebay". I got rid of the plates all together already. I have no noises and the new brakes are...well, they just pin you against the harness when you hit them.

I put the gathering duct(s) on each side of the twin oil coolers, that should leave enough opening to grab about 85% of the maximum air available. The run to the cooling duct(s) should be good, I did a test run with some 2" stuff but you never know until you get it there and installed.

I always liked this shot to show the difference between stock and upgrade

Quick Reply: Brake duct cooling hose