Sponsored by:

Stack datalogger for GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Swedeboy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stack datalogger for GT3

Does anyone have experience with the Stack gateway for the GT3 Bosch ECU? It supposedly obtains data directly from the ECU and allows installation of a datalogger without any additional sensors.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Why not consider the SDL from Motec? There is a lot of actual experience there. If you have the budget, then the ADL like the race cars.

R+C
Old 08-15-2005, 10:20 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Stack gateway delivers the Bosch data to the Stack logger, without question. I've run many datasets from various Rolex races using this setup. Can't comment on the install/setup, but once it is in, the Stack logger gets the Bosch data plus its own logged parameters. The Bosch-derived data parameters are actually labeled BOSCH[parametername].

We had some problems with data exported from the Stack system, mainly around lap times - that Stack's DataPro does not export. I have installed and used the data analysis packages from most of the major vendors, and Stack is the only one that does not consider lap times worth exporting! There are some work-arounds, but they are clunky and highly labor intensive.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:52 PM
Adam@Autometrics
Former Vendor

Aside from exporting, I find STACK's DataPro analysis software to be very user-friendly, and powerful.
We have extensive experience using STACK's CAN Gateway for the GT3 Cup ECU. If you have any questions, drop me an e-mail and I'll see if I can help.
adam@autometricsmotorsports.com

Quick Reply: Stack datalogger for GT3