Sponsored by:

7:15,63 min. Nürburgring new record

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Konstantin
This car cannot be driven on the road - look at the front splitter, the sequential gearbox, the air jacks. N GmbH always turns a blind eye to cars from well known tuners. This is one. It belongs in the VLN, not a street category. As you well know. However, it is not a very good race car, its way slower than Alzen or Manthey so it does not race and they 'claim' a road legal record in it.
Incidentally, do not be surprised if the Polizei tap Herr Simon on the shoulder, passing on the right is forbidden on tourist days. They have started checking this sort of thing in Bayern.

R+C
Old 08-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW, the Corvette "Z06" that was reported (By GM and the Lutz-O-Matic PR Machine) to set that unverifiable record has been revealed to be a supercharged car with 600+ hp. It seems that GM forgot to report that. When caught, they said something like..."well, it is a car we might release someday....at over $100k".
Old 08-15-2005, 03:51 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

as I said in another forum
it is a GT3 RS (RACE) with GT2 tuned engine
a mix between race and street.
Otherwise it wouldnt be so fast.
every car which is faster than 7:30 is more race than street car.

The Ferrari Enzo is even lower and can not even drive at the RING. But nobody says it is not streetable or not road legal.

Is a radical road legal or streetable?

yes many questions

Konstantin
Old 08-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

The Radical is completely road legal. Its not much fun to drive on the road, but it is legal, like the Caterhams and Westfields.

I think your Enzo information may come from Germany rather than Italy.

If you compare the Edo with Alzen and Manthey, its nothing special. But be very clear its not a legal street car in Germany, yes it got through some TUV somewhere, we can all do that, once or twice, but as soon as anybody notices, there are problems.

Edo have done this to market the car, and why not? But its not drivable on the street. You can't even drive it to the 'Ring! Lets be very clear, its a race car that is too slow to race.

R+C
Old 08-15-2005, 01:19 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Konstantin
This car cannot be driven on the road - look at the front splitter, the sequential gearbox, the air jacks. N GmbH always turns a blind eye to cars from well known tuners. This is one. It belongs in the VLN, not a street category. As you well know. However, it is not a very good race car, its way slower than Alzen or Manthey so it does not race and they 'claim' a road legal record in it.
Incidentally, do not be surprised if the Polizei tap Herr Simon on the shoulder, passing on the right is forbidden on tourist days. They have started checking this sort of thing in Bayern.

R+C
To Clarify just a bit.... the 7:42.9 time was set by a Street Legal C-6 Z06, no supercharger!!! The C-6 Z06 had to use both the... Stock suspension and STOCK (not optional factory installed) TIRES, as well.

Now if you want to compare race cars... bring on the C-6R which won Le Mans this year and see how it does when compared to the well modded GT-2.

I know this is a Porsche site, and I do appreciate being allowed to post here....

BUT let's get SERIOUS when comparing APPLES & ORANGES !!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Seems that the folks at R&T think they have evidence to the contrary according to this months mag.

But, while on the subject of apples and oranges, another example of apples and oranges is the Z06 and the TUBE FRAME, etc. C6R. I realize it has the same body shape........
Old 08-15-2005, 03:30 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Yep, the C-6R is a RACE CAR with no pretentions !!! I never suggested it's a "street car" .

Road & Crap's got it WRONG again.

David Hill... Corvette's Chief Engineer , has gone on record confirming the stock C-6 Z06's 7:42.9 time at the ring. He's even clarified the time for the standard 06 model C-6 coupe with the Z51 suspension as turning a 7:59.

Not too shabby... for a "Cruiser" !
Old 08-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Swedeboy
Pro

Originally Posted by trumperZ06
David Hill... Corvette's Chief Engineer , has gone on record confirming the stock C-6 Z06's 7:42.9 time at the ring. He's even clarified the time for the standard 06 model C-6 coupe with the Z51 suspension as turning a 7:59.

Not too shabby... for a "Cruiser" !
Well to wander a tad more off-topic - the Z06 suspension encountered some stressful conditions when put in the hands of Jan Magnussen at the Ring.
Attached Images   
Old 08-15-2005, 04:34 PM
RobNL
Instructor

But isn't that blue Z06 reported as the test vehicle with the super/turbo charged 600 hp engine (Blue Devil) ????
Old 08-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Now THERE is a known reliable source! Reported by Generous Motors, confirmed by Generous Motors!
Old 08-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Swedeboy
Pro

Originally Posted by RobNL
But isn't that blue Z06 reported as the test vehicle with the super/turbo charged 600 hp engine (Blue Devil) ????
Bilmagasinet - Danish car magazine - reported the car in the picture was the Z06 and not the Blue Devil. The record time reported by GM was however the Blue Devil - the regular Z06 was more in the 7'45-8' bracket.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:10 PM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bull
Now THERE is a known reliable source! Reported by Generous Motors, confirmed by Generous Motors!
Awe Come'on, get that chip off your shouder !!!

The time was first reported in an European article along with pictures of the Blue Z06. David Hill.... ACKNOWLEDGED the 7:42.9 second lap by the C-6 Z06 because the C-6 Z06's time had become "Public Information" !!!

He also reported the 7:59 time for the 2006 C-6 coupe to dis-spell rumors about the 05 coupe turning a 7:56 time with... can you imagine... David Hill listed as the driver... in another European magazine.

I run with a lot of the guys here.... at various tracks in the SouthEast. Thankfully, they don't have the same attitude about Vettes that you seem to !!!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have the chip on MY shoulder?

I have nothing "against Vettes"...they are what they are. I have owned them, and sold one last year.

I do have a lot against GM and their history of half-truths and dception of the public....many of whom just seem to keep taking it.

I'm interested in getting the facts out, and I happen to find Road & Track much more believable than GM.

See you around a track one of these days.....
Old 08-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Apparently, JM was not a happy boy after driving the Blue Devil. Its a pig. And for all that hassle not much faster than the lesser cars.
Once you start going much below 7:50 at the 'Ring, the chassis looms ever larger in the equation. this is typified by the two 'funny cars', the Donkervalk and the Radical, which have set such fast times.
The top race cars are calculated to lap at under 7 minutes, the street cars are still a way off that.

R+C
Old 08-16-2005, 10:19 AM
trumperZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nordschleife
Apparently, JM was not a happy boy after driving the Blue Devil. Its a pig. And for all that hassle not much faster than the lesser cars.
Once you start going much below 7:50 at the 'Ring, the chassis looms ever larger in the equation. this is typified by the two 'funny cars', the Donkervalk and the Radical, which have set such fast times.
The top race cars are calculated to lap at under 7 minutes, the street cars are still a way off that.

R+C
JM really missed not having a rear wing on the Z06. As I recall, he did four laps and said that was all he could run at one time. He said the horsepower is there, but the rear end gets light at those speeds.

Quick Reply: 7:15,63 min. Nürburgring new record