Is Henzler a target or just to aggressive

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,099 Likes on 648 Posts
Default Is Henzler a target or just to aggressive

It seems week in and out he's getting banged up and taking himself out of contention.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:15 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had been thinking the same thing. I doubt his driving style has changed, as he consistently won in a very aggressive series(supercup) but i haven't seen the beginning of the SPeed GT races. At the end of the race last weekend, at Sears Point, he was 2 seconds! quicker than the field but mid-pack. anyone else see it? I know he was knocked out early at Cleveland.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:23 PM
penguinking
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i watched the speed gt race at infineon and he was super quick after he fell to the end of the pack. some 2 seconds quicker than first
Old 07-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Like so many German/European racers, be they drivers or management, he is taking his time to learn to adapt to American conditions. Most American road circuits are very tight, Wolf is a 'target' and I dare say at the end of the day he will be seen to have given as good as he got.

I always feel that by comparison to US racing, in Europe its much more Californian, and by rhat i mean touchy-feely. Europeans are aware of this and initially are uncertain as to how hard they can push back. Do try and watch some of the DTM coverage if you like doorhandle stuff.

R+C
Old 07-19-2005, 10:43 PM
gpennington
Intermediate

Guys, dont over analize this. Wolf is a first class driver and the best there is out there in a Porsche Cup Car. He is a true professional. I know, I have sat beside him in a car and gone around Watkins Glen. Just because you are the best does not mean you win every race. The racing gods are not so kind. Stuff happens on the track when competing at these levels.

Gary C. Pennington
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Rolo
Rhymes With Polo
Rennlist Member

Received 1,099 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by gpennington
Guys, dont over analize this. Wolf is a first class driver and the best there is out there in a Porsche Cup Car. He is a true professional. I know, I have sat beside him in a car and gone around Watkins Glen. Just because you are the best does not mean you win every race. The racing gods are not so kind. Stuff happens on the track when competing at these levels.

Gary C. Pennington

No doubt he's a good one. Do you think others are being more aggressive around him and punting him out of contention? I think his car has been hit or he's hit something in the 3 of the last 4 races. I'm a big fan of his BTW
Old 07-19-2005, 11:47 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone read Christophorous? They compared Wolf to Michael...
Old 07-20-2005, 01:11 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by gpennington

Gary C. Pennington
Well said.
Cya at RA?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:03 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

His aggressive driving has lead to most of the contact. That said, his driving is no more aggressive than the top drivers in the class. There is far less banging going on in WC than in the Porsche Cup series.

Quick Reply: Is Henzler a target or just to aggressive